Well this week was incredibly grizzly, gray, and WET. One of those weeks where color alone just isn't enough, so I made sure to wear lots of prints as well! If I had worn my red floral pencil skirt today as I'd originally planned, I'd have managed a bit of print every single day, but clearly I wasn't in the mood to wear something pencily today And after noticing that I've been wearing blue and green almost exclusively, I wanted to get some of my other colors back into rotation. Unfortunately two of my most favorites, orange and red, are missing in my wardrobe right now.
- Monday, worn to work. Wanted to try a different layering with this fluttery cropped top, but I'm not sure I like how it looks with this length; I think a longer length so there's more length contrast would work better.
- Tuesday, worn to run errands then work. With all the rain this week I knew the only way to change silhouette would be skirts/dresses, so this day I opted for a dress (*waves to dress twins Shannon and Sona!*) with nude microfishnets. Black accents to mirror the weather, light outerwear to keep from being TOO gloomy. I really like how the obi belt looks with the dress!
- Wednesday, worn to work. Even though I keep reaching for phantom other colored button-up silk shirts, somehow this is still my only one. I've been wearing it untucked over skinnies quite a bit, so today I wore it tucked in. I know Angie and many of you like to see the full belt loop filled, but I rather like how colorful super skinny belts look in outfits like this
- Thursday, worn to work and out for dinner. It was especially grim and stormy this day, so I just couldn't bear to wear a single dark thing. I bought this high-low skirt in both the yellow and turquoise, and have been waiting for some warm weather to wear them but hey today I needed to make my own sun! Hubby really likes the skirt (!!), but felt the sweater with the summery skirt was too seasonally confused. The sweater is spring-weight, though. What do you gals think?
- Friday, worn to work and then whatever's in store for date night. No rain today! As I said above, I was originally planning to wear my red floral pencil skirt but at the last minute wasn't in the mood. I enjoyed wearing this sweater with my gray wide leg trousers last week, so I paired with my wide jeans this go around (which are the single most difficult item to photograph in my entire wardrobe). To keep the turquoise looking as springy as possible, I added healthy doses of white and red.
Comments, critiques, thoughts and questions welcome!
This post has 5 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.
If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.