Lisa started a really interesting thread about some classic/must haves that she struggles to make work for her:
- Denim shirt
- White shirt
- Trench coat
- Denim jacket
I will get the ball rolling with five pieces that form the core of my style:
- Little Black Dress - I currently have three versions of this (long sleeve work/casual, cut out cocktail style, and a new lace one with short sleeves). I have had several past iterations too and in most cases they have formed a key part of my style.
- Black Ankle boots - for the last 20 years I have had a version of ankle boots in my wardrobe - mostly lower heeled. They are a winter staple for me. I prefer them fairly simple and sleek.
- White sneakers - currently leather, in the past white converse.
- Ray Ban Aviators - on my second pair and I can't imagine not having a pair around as they work for me so well.
- Mid Blue slim jeans - I've work skinnies, flares, bootcuts and boyfriend jeans but my heart belongs to slim fit jeans without distressing. I like them worn long and I like them cropped and I like them cuffed!!
Over to you now.. what are your long term classics/must haves?