It's funny how trying to work these mini trends can be so all-consuming . This look became the object of pursuit for the past month or so and took on a life of its own ....while I hunted everywhere for a pair of higher shaft boots . I tend to get totally caught up in these things - often to the point of losing perspective on how important they really are/n't . Anyways - I finally found a pair of boots I really like, along with a pair of cropped flared jeans. I have 2 pair of cropped kick flares from summer, but as those of us who have them know, they aren't really true flares, and I wanted something with a more pronounced look. Ideally they would have been in a dark wash , but I haven't found any yet. Anyways - these were bought on the one and only time I've ever had success at H&M - along with this blouse which I have worn probably 5 times in the past 3 weeks , I love it that much. This outfit went out last night to meet friends for drinks, and while it's fine, I don't really feel it's anything special enough to have warranted all the fussing I did over trying to find the right pieces. (jeans, boots) It's also hard to photograph cropped flared pants and get the right angle in a mirror that is on a stand and not straight up and down. I'm seeing the leg shortening effect in the pics (which I didn't feel while wearing them because the boot heel is fairly high so it could just be the photograph) , which isn't a deal breaker, but does make me think this isn't a look I need to pursue further. Glad I only spent what I did on the jeans and didn't invest in premium denim. I'm happy with the boots though as I know I'll wear them with dresses and skirts, and with skinny or rolled jeans. Thoughts on this look and the proportions?

jeans - H&M
blouse - H&M
plummy brown suede boots - Nine West
navy leather moto - Michael Kors
earrings - Anthro
cobalt bag - Danier

This post has 5 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.