First day for Mr. Vince - and I wanted to keep him toned down for day/work/errands, and also wanted to avoid the fall-back black footwear/bag combo because there will be MONTHS of that look to come. Footwear was a little trickier than I had anticipated - these are a closed toe /open back high heel bootie in a warm sandy neutral. In a perfect world, they would have been a little cooler in tone so to work with the warmth, I piled on the gold jewellery and used a snakeskin/gold hardware bag. It FELT good, but I'm not entirely sure the shoe worked. I'm not about to go on a hunt for something at this point just to wear with this dress, as I anticipate wearing it with black or burgundy booties (if the ones I own actually match ) this winter. Btw - for all of you who own this dress.....it's a little more delicate than I thought it would be. After a half day of running around, there were two tiny , wee snags in the silk where (I'm guessing ) it had brushed up against the hardware on my purse, or a seat belt, or a shopping cart. I was able to smooth and pull them out, but I think I'm going to have to relegate this dress to non-work days. Disappointing, as I quite like the cut and ease of it for work.

Thoughts on daytime footwear that's not black for this dress?

dress: VInce
shoes: Dolce Vita (find below identical in style similar but not actual pair)
jewellery : Jenny Bird
bag: Danier

p.s. it's funny when you're all pleased with yourself for breaking out the dark lipstick, and then realize it hardly shows I'm such a chicken with dark colours.

This post has 2 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.