You look fantastic in that dress, and I say wear and enjoy! I tend to save "nicer" pieces for only dressier occasions too, so they languish in the closet, even though they deserve some play time. Meanwhile, my cut-off (clamdigger length) shorts get worn all the time, and I'm sick of them and ready to put them away after the hot summer.

I think you've already gotten some great suggestions for footwear. I like the idea of metallic -- bronze, champagne, platinum, or even gunmetal.

I'm still kind of sad that I look so meh in this dress.

Outstanding, Lisa. I love everything about Mr. Vince here and how you've put it all together. Too bad about the little pulls. I'm hard on my clothes somehow and would likely have shredded it in a day

Lisa, you look fantastic in that dress! I wouldn't worry too much about saving it for non-work days. Soon enough you'll be wearing coat over it outdoors, which will protect it from the purse and probably the grocery cart, too.

That's such a FAB look...I love that color on you...its so rich & beautiful.
Perfect accessories too...I have a similar necklace and feel it goes with almost everything!
Oooh and i LOVE the color on your nails... can you please tell me what it is? ☺

Hi Ankita: It's a new Bobbi Brown colour from the Greige collection just out . It's actually a lot darker in reality - a perfect gray/brown.

Lisa, you look fabulous! The dress is awesome on you and the jewellery and shoes look great.

Taupes and tans are great. As far over as cognac, too--looks great with burgundy.
Medium-dark/dull metallics--bronze, pewter depending on what looks best with your coloring, bookending hair or just with the dress.
Tone-on tone would work, too--not bright specatator but sometimes black will be combined with something else, or some moody reptile or leopard.
I think there are so many colors that would work, that you indeed would first search out styles that are less formal, since that's a lot of the deal right there, and then find one that comes in the right color.

Thank you! I'm going to go have a look sometime over the weekend... try get my hands on it... its gorgeous on you! ☺

The dress really suits you! A 5-star look.

Late, but....
I really like the light make-up over all, it looks really now with the whole no make-up make-up trend.
For something funky what about oxfords. These are from Aldo, so you should be able to find them in Canada.
Also what about one of those cape/poncho/wrap thingies.

Aldo Shoes
Aldo EMELYNE
View Info
Top Pick

Anna - I actually really like those oxfords - a complete departure for me, but I know it's a very current look. Wonder how chunky that sole is IRL? That's the sticking point. Will have to pop into Aldo on Monday.

Hey Lisa, I've read this thread a couple of times now but never when I'm in a position to respond. Better do it before it's too late!

I think this looks wonderful. As do you. Lipstick always photographs lighter, so I'm not surprised you felt it was heavier than the pics. It's a great colour. I think footwear that is neutral and warm toned would suit both the dress and you. Cognac, bronze, gold.... The shoes you have certainly work.

Looks great on you. The taupe footwear works, and I like the idea of adding richer, warmer notes (so right with your coloring) of copper or bronze metallics, or maybe slinky suede high (over the knee, maybe?) boots in chestnut or expresso. The burgundy of this dress appears to have just enough brown in it to play with these Autumn colors. Oxfords with a little heel could be nice, but I would avoid anything too clunky with such a delicate dress.

thanks tulle - I love your idea of a rich suede boot - !

Lisa, did you see the September Vogue? Boots by Chloe, Express, and Vince Camuto all featured the look, in different degrees of ruggedness--I could picture them all on you, really.

Of course I read the September Vogue, silly But do I remember any of it? No. Lol.

If you want a more refined oxford or loafer, I highly recommend Dieppa Restrepo. Very comfortable and well made. I normally size down 1/2 size.
I found this retailer in Canada:
https://www.umeboshishoes.com/.....20Restrepo

Also Yoox has some styles and they appear to ship to Canada.

Thank you again, Anna.