I love a cooler summer day when I can actually wear "real" clothes. In my line of work, I can get away with wearing jeans much of the time. It depends upon who I'm seeing that day, but for seeing many retailers now, polished casual works well. I lug boxes and bags and books and catalogues and all sorts of other crap around, and being too preciously dressed is just silly.

I like to wear a blazer over jeans , and I recently refreshed my collection of jackets with a few new pieces. This one is a linen blend pinstripe in charcoalish navy (if you know what I mean) , with a pale blue lining. Worn with my new favourite tshirt (thanks Umlilla/Lisa!) , jeans I like right now for their comfort and polish, and my new favourite shoes (thanks Vivian). I'm so fickle -everything is always my new favourite The jeans may not be the most fashion forward or contemporary, but I like the deep cuffs, and the fit makes me feel pulled together - literally , and figuratively.

I made sure my lipstick was brighter than usual to make this look professional and intentional. It wore off by the time I took this photo, I'm into wearing a fairly rich bright pink right now .

Comments, thoughts, headshakes etc always welcome!

shoes - Freebird by Steven
t - Club Monaco
jacket - Smythe
jeans - NYDJ ( no find avail)
neckpiece - Jenny Bird

This post has 6 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.