This is an outright riff off of an outfit of Aida's that I've been slightly obsessed with since she posted . Of course , I'm not Aida, so you may have to squint, tilt your head, and use your imagination. I stalked this top until it went on sale; I like it a lot, but the colour was so "out there" that I wasn't sure enough about it to pay full price ($130 Cdn). I had been toying with the idea of a tomato red jacket - and the right one appeared the other day on major sale at BR. Gorgeous fine wool, beautifully tailored, and it was about 75% off. The two new pieces here came together on the same day - and I was pretty pumped about wearing them. I tried them with a pair of very pale blue kick crops (because I had already worn white jeans yesterday) but ended up with the white instead (different pair ).

I ran into trouble trying to finish the outfit, and here's where I'd appreciate your thoughts. My initial plan was to play up the graphic sensibility with gold N&S big earrings and a cuff. My DD stepped in and suggested I looked like a golf course marshall at the Masters in Augusta- and I had to agree. I couldn't come up with a shoe I liked either- so figured that instead of graphic, I'd play down the saturated colour by roughing it up with the Freebirds and some chunkier , less bright jewellery. Got a chance to use my ancient but still beloved Prada bag, and found an offbeat-print scarf that alternated between my neck and the handle of the bag as the day went on.

I tell you, when you wear colour like this, you have to be prepared for attention. The guy at the bank : " well HELLO THERE!", the gas jockey: " HI!" , the random woman in a parking lot: " WOW those colours are GREAT".. etc - this went on all day. That was fun, and made me walk with purpose and stand up a little straighter. I forgot how much fun it is to wear bright colours.

Makeup was strong but neutral - lots of black eyeliner and pale lips and eyeshadow.

I'm not liking these sandals here but was at a loss of what else to wear. Truthfully,I'm getting a little tired of these Freebirds - and maybe need to give them a break. Shoe advice, anyone?

jeans - BR summer 16
top - VC summer 16
jacket - BR summer 16
necklace - Lucky Brand - summer 16
scarf - Echo - summer 16
sandals - Freebird - summer 15
bag - Prada - ancient (10-15 years at least)

This post has 4 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.