I had to pat myself on the back yesterday: I left the store ( a favourite indie boutique that stocks great mid-priced European lines) with 2 total wild cards...without adding yet another ill-fitting striped tshirt , neither-here-nor-there-fitting silk t top, scarf, or pair of pair of jeans I didn't need to my final pile. I quit while the going was good, and left happy. Two complete wild cards - and I am in love with both. Pictures are in reverse order - I can't deal with rearranging them now.

Monday errand-running and drop-in sales call at the U of M Bookstore: The wildcard: silk floral pullover top : Cream
jeans - old , somewhat tired Gap skinnies (yes, I do now own more modern jeans, but this top needs a slim bottom)
slingbacks - Independent Blank - bought last year for $$$ and NEVER WORN. I didn't end up having the right pieces to style them with ...until now. Plus one shoe rubs annoyingly on the side of my foot. Ergh.
jacket - Soya Concepts. Tossed on for weather reasons, kind of enjoy the relaxed vibe here.
earrings - samples from a line I used to sell ; gold hoops with removable discs

bag - Coach olive green pebbled leather top handled bag - old.
Overall , a slightly rumpled , yet luxe ,and not overly styled look, which felt great!

Tuesday work (special event at work #2 which meant I could buck the all-black code)
The wildcard: floral silk shirt-tail bomber. Yaya NL. A favourite brand. Tried this on and fell in love. Didn't care if I needed it or not. (didn't). Love at first sight.
Motto skirted leggings
Shell : Eileen Fisher
"Jewelled" faux leather Sanso mules (2 years old and probably ready to send to shoe heaven )
necklace - ancient Club Monaco pile of fake pearls
earrings - Pilgrim
Bag - Moleskine faux leather backpack.

eyebrows - why are they so red?? Not so in real life. But yes, this is my own shape- enhanced only moderately with pencil and gel . The one arch serves me well when I need to side-eye someone . Which I do quite often. Happiness factor - through the roof to be wearing something a little unique-looking.

Thoughts, jokes, all comments welcome !

This post has 9 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.