I couldn't not buy this coat. The colour, the cut, the price - it all conspired to make me buy it. I already have a few outfit ideas built around it : distressed jeans and a navy sweater; black dress and tights and pointy toe high heeled boots; and dark flares with a exact match of a citron sweater I happen to have and have worn once. I've styled it here both with and without a scarf. Weather often dictates a scarf to keep my neck warm, and I feel it finishes the look too, but........I also liked it without a scarf to really bring out the crisp, graphic and clean feel of the outfit.

Worn with JCrew pants from last fall that I hated and now like. They didn't fit well last year and now that I've packed on enough weight for a junior football team, the pants fit and actually feel better. Black cashmere sweater, black suede pointy toe highish shaft ankle boots, and graphic earrings.

As I mentioned in Una's thread earlier today, I picked a Petite Medium. As with most outerwear and blazers from BR, and despite my being 5'5', the petites fit my body better. The regular size in a M was too big period - and the sleeves were too long, the pocket placement didn't work and was too low down on the body of the coat , and the overall length wasnt' what I wanted. The Petite cut made such a HUGE difference .

pants: JCrew
sweater: Lord & Taylor
earrings: Jenny Bird
boots: Browns Couture
new lipstick that I can't stop wearing: Bobbi Brown Luxe Lipcolour

Thanks for having a peek, and thanks for introducing me to yet another coat I didn't know I needed until today. Comments, suggestions, thoughts, jokes, all welcome.

This post has 4 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.