Yesterday I listed my 25 top picks for the entire sale. Here I’m going to go into a little more detail on footwear.
There was practical, good looking, and comfortable footwear at the sale amongst treacherous sky scraping heels and inflexible wooden platforms. Sneakers, flats, loafers and boots were the winning categories for my clientele. I’d have liked to see more non-neutral footwear and low heeled options, but high heels are trending so there you go.
- Steve Madden Blair Cap Toe Ballet Flat (Women): This glitzy darling was a surprise. The fit is good on a lower and higher volume foot. Wider feet sized up. Worked on narrower heels too. The tiny heel is wonderful and makes the supportive difference. Comes in black, tan, and pink.
- Cole Haan Danica Sneaker (Women): Best metallic sneaker at the NAS. Roomy, supportive, not too shiny, and very comfy. It fit a range of foot shapes. Comes in black.
- Ecco Street Lite Sneaker (Women): These were a hit with clients who enjoy wearing ECCO sneakers. Clean, crisp and Danish fabness. The insoles come out so you can add orthotics. The tongues are a little close to the ankle, which might annoy you so watch for that. Comes in black and taupe.
- Veronica Beard Arlie Loafer (Women): These are extremely comfortable on a narrower foot. Supportive, dainty, pretty, classic and soft. Can work on a wider foot if you size up because the suede is forgiving. They almost came home with me in the toffee. Comes in black leather and navy suede.
- SARTO By Franco Sarto Calista Kiltie Loafer (Women): Very comfy and lightweight on-trend loafer that comes in dark solids. It stayed on every client's foot. Comes in burgundy, black and navy.
- Paul Green Shay Bit Loafer (Women): Paul Green shoes are astounding because they work well for a variety of foot widths and shapes. A very clever and well made Austrian product. It's often a question of sizing up or down to find the right fit. These loafers are very comfy, classic, and casually chic. Comes in black.
- Vionic Lynda Slingback Flat (Women): The best slingback at the sale. Comfy, supportive, pretty, and does not slip off your feet. Comes in black.
- BERNARDO FOOTWEAR Bernardo Eloise Bow Flat (Women): A pretty and supportive flat that works well on a wider foot, and stays on! Comfy and pretty. The round heel is an unexpected fun detail. Comes in black and cheetah.
- Paul Green Samona Pump (Women): These have a gorgeous champagne sheen to them. Super stable, good arch support, and fab room in the toe box because of its round shape. Might run a little short if you have long toes. Comes in black.
- Munro Viv Lug Loafer (Women): A very supportive and comfy on trend loafer that comes in FOUR widths. The gold hardware makes a statement so make sure you like it.
- Aquatalia Rozaria Knee High Boot (Women): I FOUND MY HEWI after 15 years. If you need a low-heeled, knee-high boot for NARROW calves and ankles - try this. Like most Aquatalia footwear, it runs narrower on the foot. Extremely comfortable for low-volume feet, WEATHERPROOF, versatile, and exquisite quality. Made in Italy. Some clients sized up half a size for a roomier toe box. My calf circumference is 13 inches and these are a PERFECT fit. That is a VERY rare thing.
- AGL Stefy Block Heel Pointed Toe Pump (Women): This is often my first suggestion for clients when they are looking for tan heeled pumps. Very stable, soft, and reasonably comfy as far as pumps go. It can work with bunions too. It has a wider toe box than you expect. Visually, extremely sharp on the foot. Made in Italy. Comes in black.
- Vionic Apron Toe Loafer (Women): An extraordinary dainty loafer with incredible arch support. It's astounding how well the loafer fit wider and narrower feet. Good for narrower heels too. Comes in wide widths, and in black and animal print.
- PIKOLINOS Royal Water Resistant Bootie (Women): These were the most comfortable flat and casual booties at the sale. Roomy fit, well-made, and comes in black.
- Aquatalia Renza Block Heel Zip Bootie (Women): Gorgeous classic weatherproof boots for narrower feet and ankles. Supportive, comfortable, and versatile. Made in Italy. Comes in black.
- Rag & Bone Retro Court Sneaker (Women): These sneakers worked well on clients with wider feet. A little retro and comes in fun colours.
- Pedro Garcia Idoia Sock Bootie (Women): If you're after a very sleek black bootie to wear with skirts and dresses, this was the favourite with my clients. Good fit on narrow ankles. Room for long toes.
- Munro Heath Chelsea Boot (Women): Best casual black boots at the NAS. Extremely LIGHTWEIGHT, comfy, supportive, and there is a side zipper that they do not show in the stock photos.
- Blondo Shanna Waterproof Bootie (Women): An excellent casual and comfy weatherproof boot at a more affordable price. Works well on a wider foot and shorter toes. Comes in tan.
- Gentle Souls By Kenneth Cole Everly Bootie (Women): Soft, comfy, versatile, and room in the toe box. The high shaft does not dig into your shins because of forgiving suede. Comes in three more neutrals.
- Munro Bedford Leather Bootie (Women): The footbed comfort and support of this shootie blew me away. WOW, and soft leather too. I'm figuring out whether the elastic inserts will rub my ankles. It comes in varying widths, and in black. They worked on all sorts of ankle and foot shapes, and look great under full length pants.
- SARTO By Franco Sarto Vance Boot (Women): If you can manage the heel height, these are on trend and fabulous with skirts, dresses and shorts. Reasonably comfy. Comes in black and grey.
You can see the descriptions alongside the items on the collection page.