- Pioneering British fashion designer Vivienne Westwood has passed away at age 81.
- The Kit reports that “doing your colours” is back.
- Womenswear and lifestyle brand Rebecca Taylor is shutting down.
- J.Crew has launched a resale site in partnership with ThredUp.
- Supermodel Tatjana Patitz has died at age 56.
- Rent the Runway has launched a storefront on Amazon with hundreds of styles that range from never-before-worn pieces to pre-loved designer finds.
- Birkenstocks, trouser suits and seam-free workout sets were three of the most purchased fashion items of 2022.
- Huffpost reports that Rom-Com Core is projected to be the biggest fashion trend of 2023.
- From the double-edged bob to Modern Mod, these are 13 haircuts that will be trending this year according to top stylists.
- The Pantone Color Institute predicts these 5 colours will be big in 2023.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that fashion designer Paul Poiret was the first French couturier to commercialise his own perfumes, now an industry standard marketing concept: “Poiret was the first couturier to promote the concept of a “total lifestyle” brand, establishing his own cosmetic and fragrance company as well as an interior decorating business under the House of Poiret. Reigning supreme in Paris haute couture between 1903 and World War I, his instinct for marketing and branding was unmatched by any other Parisian designer.”