- Earlier this month, it was announced that Lucky magazine has now ceased publishing online as well.
- The word “athleisure” will be added to the Merriam-Webster dictionary in 2016.
- Style.com has hired Yasmin Sewell as its first Fashion Director.
- Kate Spade’s new company, Frances Valentine, will be launching next Spring with a shoe and handbag line.
- Kohl’s is teaming up with Reed Krakoff for its next designer collaboration.
- ASOS is launching a bridal collection with all pieces costing less than $300.
- Jonathan Anderson won the womenswear and menswear designer of the year awards at the British Fashion Awards.
- For the holidays Jimmy Fallon collabored with J.Crew on a pocket-square iPhone case.
- Polo Ralph Lauren have installed interactive fitting rooms in their Fifth Avenue flagship store.
- To make donating clothing easier this holiday season, Levi’s is supplying free shipping labels that will deliver any package of garments and shoes to the nearest participating Goodwill location.
- Macy’s is launching a Korean beauty shop-in-shop.
- Everlane is donating all Black Friday profits to its factory workers.
- A new Met exhibit highlights the style of French aristocrat and designer Countess Jacqueline de Ribes.
Fashion Quote of the Day
I always enjoy reading the My Beauty Uniform series over at A Cup of Jo. This quote from a recent instalment struck a chord with me. When asked about her overall beauty philosophy, interior stylist and product designer Hollister Hovey said:
“Stand up straight, smile and never try to compete with anyone but your current self.”