It’s hard to find booties for narrow ankles. Naturally, a bootie in a smaller size will fit more closely on the ankle. Things get tricky when you wear a larger foot size and have narrow ankles, because the fit around the ankle increases as the shoe size increases.
If this is the case for you, then these styles might fit the bill. Be sure to browse through all the colour options.
- MATISSE Nugent: These are very comfortable, and there is room for an orthotic or cushioning insole. I love the way they dip in front and lengthen the leg line when worn with bare legs. I've had the cheetah print for years and am considering these in the speckled white too. Works for a low and regular volume foot. Runs half a size small.
- Corso Como 'Dynamite' Ankle Bootie (Women): Technically more of a shootie and oxford hybrid, but comfy and refined nonetheless. Elegantly menswear-inspired and gorgeously gold. The pointy toe is quite dramatic so consider yourself warned.
- Topshop 'Mary' Chelsea Boot (Women): A patent rust-coloured bootie with a higher shaft is a rare find. Moderately comfortable and equestrian-inspired.
- Topshop 'Midnight' Pointy Toe Boot (Women): A sleek pointy toe bootie with a stable thick heel. Moderately comfortable. Great snug ankle fit.
- H By Hudson H by Hudson Azi Off White Leather Ankle Boots: I haven't seen these in person yet, but the distressed leather in a pretty shade of cream is fun. Casually Elegant. The double zipper detailing is sleek, and the cognac trim is unique.
Visit the collection page to see the items alongside my descriptions.