- Tim Blanks is leaving Style.com to join Business of Fashion as Editor at Large.
- “Savage Beauty”, the Alexander McQueen retrospective, is the most popular exhibition ever staged at the Victoria and Albert museum.
- Yahoo! Inc. has acquired shopping service Polyvore as the company seeks new ways to draw in users and advertisers.
- Nordstrom Rack plans to start selling home goods online.
- Here’s a first look at Target’s Ava & Viv plus-size collection for Fall 2015.
- “Italian Style: Fashion Since 1945“, an exhibition presenting a history of fashion from 1950s couture to present-day red carpet gowns, is now showing at the Frist Center for Visual Arts in Nashville.
- Nashville’s fashion community has formed a trade organization, the Nashville Fashion Alliance, “with the hopes of incubating brands and preparing them for the global stage.”
Quote for the Day
Not a fashion fact today, but a quote from Isabella Rossellini that I think fits in quite well with yesterday’s links on aging, and the recent forum conversation on the topic. In a 2012 interview with The Huffington Post about the movie Late Bloomers, the interviewer pointed out that many consider her “a model of graceful aging”. Ms Rossellini gave the following down-to-earth and refreshing reply:
“I age, it just happens; it’s like, tell a baby don’t grow (but) it will grow. Nothing I can do to stop the progress. I don’t see myself as a role model… and I don’t age gracefully to give anybody an example! … I age comfortably. Some people are better at it. It depends on how well you are physically. I will die. (It’s) not my choice. You are asking me questions as if aging or dying is my choice; it isn’t. I have news: it will happen to you, too.”