“When are you an older person?” Angie recently asked this question on the YLF forum, and after reading all the insightful and intelligent comments, I wanted to do a roundup of articles that provide food for thought or approach the subject of aging in a positive way:
- I like how Alyson Walsh of That’s Not My Age regulary writes about the topic with an open mind and a good sense of humour. Recently, I enjoyed her post on Italian Vogue’s ‘Life’ issue featuring women of all ages. And this one about how she wants the term “gran bod” to go away.
- Alyson also wrote an article for The Guardian about how your makeup bag changes with age.
- In this column, Hadley Freeman gives us her take on why fashion hates old people.
- Britain’s oldest model, Daphne Selfe, just published her first book: The Way We Wore: A Life in Clothes.
- And last, an uplifting and inspirational story about 89-year-old Elizabeth Govern being part of her granddaughter’s bridal party.
Fab Links from Our Members
Dianne found this article on why so many young women are getting cosmetic surgery really interesting and a little disturbing as well.
Sally explains how your hairstyle can interact with your outfit, which, Angie adds, is especially relevant when you have long locks.
Kkards thought this article about why so many of us find our offices so cold was an interesting read. She adds: “I know that many of us dress for the chill… and it was nice to know its not just me.”
Robin says that if she knew how to sew, she’d definitely be making at least some of her own clothes after reading this article. She loves that the author felt so much more confident about her body once she didn’t have to fit it into predetermined clothing sizes and shapes.
L’Abeille enjoyed this video in which Maddie and Mackenzie Ziegler dance like Fall 2015’s major trends.