- Australian Uniqlo fans: Sydney is getting two new stores of over 1000 square metres this Autumn.
- Online fashion retailer Net-a-Porter is merging with its Italian competitor Yoox.
- Marc by Marc Jacobs creative directors Katie Hillier and Luella Bartley are launching their own ready-to-wear label.
- Chanel has announced plans to branch out into e-commerce next year.
- A small exhibition at the The Museum of Arts and Design in New York features high-end mannequins created in collaboration with artists and designers.
- H&M teams up with Kering and Worn Again for a new initiative to recapture fibres from end-of-use clothing and textiles.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that Alexander McQueen’s Plato’s Atlantis Spring/Summer 2010 collection was the first fashion show that was live-streamed online. In The International Herald Tribune, Suzy Menkes called the event — that ultimately crashed the website because of high demand — “the most dramatic revolution in twenty-first-century fashion”.