There is a lot of black and white in stores at the moment, which isn’t a bad thing. These neutrals are versatile and most wear one or the other if not both together in a pattern or outfit. I also threw in some pink to break up the neutrals. Most of these items have been winners on my clients because they are soft and comfortable. Some of them are traditionally flattering, whereas others are just flattering enough.
- Adrianna Papell Placed Print Sheath Dress: The placement of the white lace creates a flattering hourglass effect. Genius. Covered, dressy and very comfortable. Tailored and forgiving around the midsection. Well worth the rave reviews.
- Nic + Zoe 'Twirl' Elbow Sleeve Knit Fit & Flare Dress (Regular & Petite): A simple black knitted fit-and-flare frock.
- Trouvé Trouvé Print Pull-On Pants: These pants are as light as a feather, and work well with ankle strap footwear and booties with a higher shaft. Rise is quite high.
- Halogen Roll Sleeve Crepe Blouse (Regular & Petite): This top reminds me of the '80s. Boxy and high-necked with an effective diagonal sleeve roll. Generally more flattering than cap sleeves. Good layering piece. Comes in pink and black. Does not require a camisole.
- Leith Print Pleated Culottes: One of the best wide fitting culottes I've seen to date. Works surprisingly well on both a curvy and straighter body type. The fabric is very soft which offsets the volume of the silhouette. I LOVE the way the style swooshes as you stride. Dress the look up or down.
- Ella Moss 'Monet' Print Crop Pants: Straight and streamlined casual culottes that look best with a tucked or partially tucked top. Very breezy and soft.
- Madewell Ikat Print Track Pants: Drapey track pants in a soft viscose are extra comfy. The waistband is quite wide despite its elastic design. Seems wrinkle-resistant too. Lightweight and casual.
- Wayf Pleated Culottes: Streamlined and longer length culottes for tall gals. Best worn with a cropped top or tucked top to showcase the waistline if you are regular or long in the waist.
- Halogen Eyelet Pleat Front Skirt (Regular & Petite): Pretty, breezy and flattering. No poufy gathers at the waistband or tummy area. Particularly great on a curvy body type with a defined waist. The eyelet is lined right to the hem, and I like the very neat finish on the hem. Also available in white. No need to wear a slip.
- Caslon Side Ruched Stretch Knit Midi Skirt (Regular & Petite): Soft, comfy and casual. The best part about the skirt is its double lining which provides ample structure, and the side ruching which makes it forgiving despite its snug fit. The micro stripe gets my vote because it's different and can be mixed with other patterns. Plenty of length for tall gals.
- Leith Three Quarter Sleeve V-Neck Tee: Drapey, soft and modern. Great on a larger bust and broader shoulder line. The V-neck might be a little deep on a short torso or petite. No need for a camisole.
- NYDJ 'City/Sport' Windbreaker: I haven't seen this style in person yet, but it could be a fun Sporty Luxe piece. It probably runs a little large like most items in this brand.
Visit the collection page to see the items alongside my descriptions.