Everywhere I turned this week, I was bombarded with tips on how to stay cosy and warm when temperatures drop. Here are some nice ones that I wanted to share.
- From The Best Gloves for Winter to The Toastiest Scarves and Flattering Beanies for Short Hair, Refinery29 is thinking about Winter accessories.
- Glamour brings us 18 Deliciously Warm Coats That Are Also Super Stylish.
- 22 Pairs of Slippers So Warm and Cozy You Will Never Want to Take Them Off.
- 15 Cozy & Cool Sweaterdresses For Under $100.
- 10 Ways to Winterize Your Wardrobe from Harper’s Bazaar.
- 30 Work-Ready Winter Boots That Really Step To It.
- 10 Pairs of Eco-friendly Winter Boots.
- 30 Sneakers That’ll Survive The Polar Vortex.
- If you’re undecided about which Winter coat to get: a personality quiz to find “the perfect one”.
Fab Links from Our Members
Jackiec is intrigued by Canadian company Poppy Barley and their custom-made, fair-made leather boots. She’d love a chance to try some on.
Angie enjoyed reading Alison’s interesting view on why the old fashion blog “ain’t what she used to be”.
Carole found this link on babble very helpful in figuring out how to cuff your jeans when wearing ankle boots… the visuals are great.
Laurinda was nodding in agreement with Sally’s post about muffin top: It’s not you — it’s the clothes!
Theodora loves this ad by Dear Kate, in response to a Victoria’s Secret “Perfect Body” ad! While even this ad stirred up some naysayers, she thought it was so much better.
Deborah found this post from Accidental Icon an interesting read. She discusses in brief how what we wear affects not only how we feel but how we perform.
Anna606 thought Refinery29 gave great, simplified advice on how to put together a stylish outfit.
Gryffin wanted to share Maria’s post about “Happiness is… asking the right question“. She adds: “It’s not about clothes but after all clothes are just the outer representation of who we are!”
After all the plaid shirt outfits on the YLF forum, Beth Ann and Gardenchick both wanted to share this article on “lumbersexual” style for men.
Jorja thought Imogen’s tips on how to layer a cropped top might come in handy.