- This rainbow dress made of approximately 3,000 Skittles will be auctioned off for charity.
- British-born shoe designer Paul Andrew is the 2014 winner of the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund.
- Good news for European J.Crew fans. The American retailer will open two stores in Paris next year.
- Anna Wintour will receive the Outstanding Achievement Award for her contribution to the fashion industry during next month’s British Fashion Awards.
- Washable headphones anyone? Urbanears has teamed up with Marc Jacobs for a line of headphones with fabric elements on its headband and ear cushions that you can throw in the washing machine.
- New company Qcut is launching a Kickstarter campaign to make jeans that will be available in about 400 sizes.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that Russian-born French artist Erté also created a limited edition bottle collection for cognac brand Courvoisier. The bottles, featuring his characteristic art deco illustrations, show the different stages of the cognac-making process, from distillation to maturation. The eight and final of the bottles, containing Grand Champagne cognac, were released and sold in 2008 for 10,000 a piece.