- World-renowned fashion designer Oscar de la Renta passed away on Monday at age 82.
- Sophia Webster and J.Crew continue their collaboration with a seven-piece holiday footwear collection.
- Rakuten, the “Japanese Amazon”, has just launched a US fashion site that “blends shopping with entertainment”.
- A new book chronicles the history behind every H&M designer collaboration to date.
- The Adidas Originals collection by Mary Katrantzou will be available on November 15, and this week we got a first look at the kaleidoscopic designs.
- Gap is teaming up with Kate Spade New York and Jack Spade for a limited-edition GapKids holiday collection.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that British chemist Sir William Henry Perkin accidentally discovered the colour mauve while trying to find a synthetic substitute for the antimalarial drug quinine. He originally named it “Tyrian Purple,” but soon changed it to mauve or mauveine, which became the world’s first synthetic dye.