Whether you wear a two-piece or one-piece bathing costume (swimsuit, or “cozzie”), a classy cover-up is essential. It’s stylish to conceal when you head out for a snack at a beach restaurant or poolside bar. There are plenty of slip-on coverage options that’ll have you looking both alluring and appropriate.
- Sarongs and Pareos are simple wraps that tie at the waist and cover the tummy and thigh area. It’s my favourite choice on a very hot day.
- Slip dresses are mini frocks that slip over the head. Empire, halter and strapless styles are most common.
- Tunics and Kaftans remind me of St. Tropez and the Bahamas. These collarless long sleeved tops are made of flimsy fabrics and are usually embellished or exotic in pattern.
- Tie front tops or robes are made of jersey knit, terry cloth or crinkle cotton and have some sort of front tie detail.
- Board shorts or cropped pants are much like surfing shorts and yoga pants. They’re probably the most practical option if you intend to do lots of walking.
A great cozzie can last for years and changing your cover-up is an excellent way of renewing it’s look.
Top row: kaftan, cropped knitted pants, tie-front top and halter slip dress.
Bottom row: sarong and tunics.