Your shapely bust, small waist and full bottom fill out the right dress perfectly. By defining your waist and keeping your necklines low, you’ll find lots of frocks that flatter your curves.
Some guidelines to follow when shopping for that perfect dress:
- Look for styles in draped fabrics that skim over and accentuate your curves.
- Keep your waist a focal point. You’ll look “blocky” if you don’t define your mid section, so avoid “of the moment” sack dresses and straight sheath styles.
- Choose dresses with scooped, oval, sweetheart or V-necklines that elongate your frame and flatter your bust line.
- Look for styles with vertical seam details such as princess lines and vertical insets.
- Keep the bodice simple if you’re busty (avoid ruffles and fussy details around the bust area that end up making you look top heavy).
- Knee length dresses are best and wearing heels will enhance your leg line.
- Choose bias cuts, shaped sheaths, shirtwaisters, V-neck halters, wraps and strapless styles.
Hour glass body types should always have dresses in their wardrobe because they look fabulous in frocks. Make the most of Spring’s dress season!
Halter, fitted strappy sheath and A-line knee length dresses appropriate for hourglass body types (Dillards).