I had a bit of extended fun with this outfit formula for the past two weekends, as well as some off-duty occasions last week. I did multiple versions of the first three outfits. There are 9 outfits total, 2 relatively close interpretations of the blog formula for each, two WFH versions of the first two, and one very loose interpretation of the first one.
First formula, Subtle Approach:
1) (#1-2) The closest interpretation, with the black cardigan with green floral print buttoned up and worn as a top, and a matching neckerchief. They were combine with slim wide white cropped jeans, black stompy boots, cropped faux leather puffer, cream beret, polka-dot scarf and black & white crossbody.
2) (#3-4) Similar to above, the touch of soft green is in scarf instead of pattern on the top. Cropped black sweater, white cuffed jeans, black booties, sage green scarf. For the outdoor: short plaid jacket, plaid beret, big mint scarf and the same crossbody.
3) (#5) The WFH version, with navy instead of black. Navy sweatshirt with front silk panel with some light green in it, cream wide crop sweatpants, white sneakers.
4) (#6-7) Looser interpretation, that follows the color palette (navy, soft green and white), but adds more soft green. Soft green twinset, wide cropped jeans, cream stompy boots, silk scarf in all the three colors, navy tweed puffer, cream bag and cream beret.
Second formula, Light Neutrals:
5) (#8-10) Mint pants with side stripe in cream and tan, cream cashmere sweater, tan booties, cream coat, beret and bag, and mint scarf.
6) (#11-12) Mint cropped kick flare pants, and everything else in cream: cable cashmere sweater, teddy coat, booties, crossbody, and beret.
7) (#13) A WFH version, with cropped sage drawstring pants, my favorite white sweatshirt with cats, and white sneakers.
Third formula, Bright Green and Soft Blue:
These two outfits pulled the colors from a little silk scarf (#16), that had soft blue, soft green, bright green and even some lilac. I broke down an old bright green ponte suit into separates and played with combining them within this color palette.
8) (#14-15) Soft green ribbed sweater, pale blue wide leg cargo pants, bright green blazer, white sneakers and pearl grey bag.
9) (#17-18) Soft green cashmere tee, soft blue boucle moto, bright green culottes, white booties, pearl grey crossbody. Usually a gap between booties and cropped pants bothers me, but not here as the pants are wide enough to look like a skirt.
I did not add the Finds of the individual items, as I usually do, as there would be quite a few of them. The only exception, my favorite sweatshirt ever, a Christmas present from a dear friend.
A random note, which is that in cold weather, when I want to wear a little silk scarf indoors, I often add a warmer scarf for the outdoors, which is then removed inside. It feels slightly strange to be wearing two scarves, but it keeps me warm. Do you do something similar?
This post has 18 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.
If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.