Just got back from a week-long cruise of the Mexican Riviera and had a fab time! I actually tried out all my outfits before I left, and wrote down what I would wear each day, taking into account what we would be doing in the daytime and the evening. It worked out GREAT and I will definitely be doing that from now on. DH laughed at me because I asked him to take outfit photos every day, but he went along and here they are:
1. In port at San Pedro last Sunday. COLD and pouring down rain!! My black-and-white polka-dot scarf arrived on Saturday and I paired it with a black-and-white check one from Target to get the look of a reversible scarf. I like how it mixed with the animal print!
2. Sunday dinner in the main dining room. Hubby laughed at me for wearing two different animal print cardi's in one day!
3/4. Monday sea day. It was a little cold on deck so I added my Levi's jacket.
5. Monday formal dinner. The dress is Evan Picone and I got it on sale at Macy's for under $50! And it's not blue, it's a beautiful royal purple. Somehow my camera just doesn't "do" that shade of purple! Shoes are Ralph Lauren from Zappos.
6/7. In port at Cabo San Lucas. My friend the "statue" is a guy who painted himself and poses for photos with tourists for tips! That hat isn't doing me any favors, but I didn't want to get sunburned, so there you have it. The pintuck tunic is Michael Kors from Nordstrom Rack. The Target flat oxfords were great for walking the town!
8/9. Horseback riding and lunch at Stone Island in Mazatlan. The second shot was supposed to be a nod to The Sartorialist, but I don't think Hubby really captured it! Black DKNY skinnies, Ann Taylor top and Talbot cardigan from consignment.
10. Wednesday casual dinner. Sequined top from JC Penney, green skinnies from Nordstrom, new Christmas booties.
11/12. Puerto Vallarta ATV touring and ziplining. Note animal cardi number three! LOL
13/14. Thursday casual dinner, featuring the fabulous GAP white flairs. Front and back view, looking good! Note the appearance of a set of fantastic silver and abalone shell jewelry, which I wore unrepentently matchingly together for the rest of the trip!
15. Friday lunchtime, singing along with the little Von Trapps on the mural in the Sound of Music dining room! Same outfit with added denim jacket.
16/17. Friday night formal night. We were invited to eat at the Captain's table and I actually got to sit next to him! VERY fun!!! Hubby looked awesome in his tuxedo.
18. Saturday sea day. We got to tour the food service areas and this is me in the ginormous fruit storage area in my purple GAP cardi and purple Cons.
19. Saturday night casual dinner, still rocking the white flairs. NY&Co. cardi, Ann Taylor top, Target scarf. I liked the pattern mixing at the time, but looking at the photo I'm not so in love. Oh, well!
20/21. Which brings us back to San Pedro, cold and gray! I was glad I had my winter coat with me!
All in all, I was pretty happy with how my outfits turned out. 8/9 was a last minute change from what I'd planned, and it was my least favorite. I LOVED both of my dressy dinner looks.
Thanks for looking!
This post has 21 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.
If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.