Here are photos of some wardrobe items with potential. As mentioned in a previous thread, I've been invited to a gala for Chinese New Year next weekend. Cocktail attire based on last year's pics. I wear a lot of black but have some red items, but I need help with how to put them together.
1. LBD, at least 15 years old and still going strong. There is a slight sparkle woven in (once daytime sparkle and juxtaposition became a thing, it got even more wear).
2. The matching coat. This makes a suit that works for banquets, court appearances, my parents 60th.
3. This duster goes over pants or skirts, or the LBD. I've pinned it to show the pattern better. I can also wrap and belt it, but wrap dresses don't flatter me.
4. I bought this recently as a backup LBD, not worn yet. I tucked the scarf in to show where the lace underlay stops.
5. This beautiful silk scarf is very "me". I'd be happy with this as the red accent to a black outfit, but not sure how.
6. Red satin blouse.
7. Red matte polyester blouse, not quite sheer.
8. Black lace gently A-line skirt with charcoal satin underlay.
9. Floor length raspberry shantung skirt. Bit of an outlier, but I always feel fab in it.
Not shown, because the light bulb blew in the off-season closet: A cap sleeved, back-buttoned blouse to match the long skirt, and a sleeveless shell in similar colour in shiny satin.
10. Lace shirt with satin collar and cuffs, for layering purposes.
11. and 12. Reversible quilted jacket. Beautifully made, with piped seams and faux-leather trim. The black side is cottony, the printed side is satiny.
13. Wild card thrifted today: embroidered satin vest.
14. and 15. The shoe options.
Not shown, the raspberry satin clutch my sister gave me for Christmas. It's coming.
How to mix and match?
This post has 14 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.
If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.