"So other than a citron green handbag, a creamy soft ivory clutch, and a pair of basketball shorts - I'm in!"
The above statement is my final sentence in Mo's thread about Saying No to June.
Well, I failed miserably.
And yet - I honestly believe that I did really well. You see, I did a serious assessment of my warm-weather wardrobe and ruthlessly purged until I had many, many wardrobe holes - and fortunately had the means to replace those items with current pieces. It was very fun and the first time (I think) in my life that I felt as though I had found the correct balance between impulse and planned wardrobe items.
Also let me say this - my dominant season is warm-weather. In fact, I never put my warm-weather items away, I simply layer them. So, the items that I bought will be "active" in my wardrobe year-round. (Yeah!)
Before I list the items that I bought, let me tell you about what I purged. In total, it was 73 hanging items - plus 7 large trash bags full of knitted tops, shoes, scarfs, belts, etc. I have completely turned over my wardrobe - with just a few left-over items from my previous wardrobe.
Here is the list of things I purchased in June: (and I couldn't be more happy!)
* Brand NYC Harem Jeans
* Banana Republic White Washed Cotton Shirt
* Jeffrey Campbell Nude Flat Slip-Ons
* Free People Ink-Blue and Black Moto Jacket
* Lush Ivory "Silky" Tee
* Banana Republic Gray w/Ivory Polka-dots Shirt
* Ivory Pleated Skirt
* Banana Republic Ivory Linen Sweater
* Cropped Gray Pull-over
* White w/Blue Stripe Tee
* Chelsea 88 Blue Patterned Cross-over Blouse
* Express Two-Tone Belt
* Leith Black Tube Skirt
* Sam Edelman Effie Sandals
* Nike Citron Green Sneakers
* Banana Republic Black Walking Shorts
* Caslon Steel Blue Jacket
* Nordstroms Navy-Blue Pull-over "Tee"
* Champion Black Sneakers
* Rag 'n Bone Pajama Jeans
* Zara Ivory Gathered Sleeveless Blouse
* Zara White "Cut-Out" Sleeveless Blouse
* Zara Ivory & Blue "Swirl" Tee
* Zara White Long-Sleeved Hi-Low Blouse
* Zara Gray "Sweatpants"
* Zara Pink Cropped Knit
* Banana Republic Light Blue Shirtdress
*J. Crew White Linen Pants
*Zara Oversized Denim Vest
* Zara White "Silky" Bomber
* Zara Oversized Denim Jacket
* Zara White Cotton Short-Sleeved Blouse
* J. Crew Navy & Stone Baseball linen top
* Adidas Gray Sneakers
* GAP Blue & White Striped Shirtdress
* Banana Republic Taupe Linen Sweater
* Champion Taupe/Navy/White/Gray Sneakers
* Zara Alley-Cat Tee
* Express White Leather w/Silver Hardware Bracelet
* Several Target Tees to wear when working @ Animal Shelter
* Four New Nail Polishes from Sephora
* Ted Baker Tee (I may have bought this in May - cannot remember for sure!)
Ok - so, that's it. I've never bought this much before in one season. I must say that it was a little bit scary - but I really don't have any second thoughts or remorse about my purchases.
And about the citron green bag, the soft ivory clutch, and the basketball shorts? Well, there's always July!