As some of you may remember, Suntiger posted an accountability (or slow shop) challenge. Suntiger's slow shop challenge triggered me to consider my own shopping challenge.
I committed to 36 items. Everything will be counted except underwear and hose. I will count bras, sleepwear, gear, lounge wear.
In January I bought three items.
- Two pair of socks (duplication). Great purchase. I wear these every single evening. This year’s product is superior to earlier years. I should have bought three pair.
- One pair of jeans.
When the buy/try/return cycle was completed for February, six new items were added. This brings the total to nine.
- Longchamp tote in ruby (unsurpassed joy).
- Athleta Stash Pocket Saluation Leggings in Black.
- Athleta Headlands Hybrid Tights.
- Thirdlove 24/7™ Classic T-Shirt Bra in Soft Pink.
- Uniqlo Lace Short Sleeve T-Shirt in Blue.
- Uniqlo Lace Short Sleeve T-Shirt in Off White.
One new item was added in March, bringing the total to ten.
- REI Co-op Rainier Rain Jacket in Blue Ether.
I stocked up on both categories and felt lucky. There are no regrets about duplicating items in these two categories because I wear a tee shirt nearly every single day in summer months. Gap's Vintage Wash Tee Shirts have served me well in the past. I've owned them in white, navy, and medium blue. I added soft purple into the mix this year.
- Two Gap Vintage Wash Crewneck Tee Shirts in Soft Purple.
- One Gap Long Sleeve Modern Stripe Crewneck in Navy/Ivory.
- Two Gap Dreamwell Stripe Wide Leg Sleep Pant in Blue.
- Uniqlo EZY Checked Ankle Length Pants in Beige.
- Uniqlo EZY Checked Ankle Length Pants in Navy.
I shopped for a lightweight sun protection jacket in April too. I never found "the one." I had an idea of what I wanted and couldn't match that idea in real life. Everything I saw in the stores was missing some undefined factor. I never found one and eventually ceased looking.