This is stunning and you wear the cobalt - not the other way around. I like it both ways, the blouse adds interest to the grey jacket. My husband is resigned to the $ that my interest in fashion costs. YLF (and in particular people's WIWs) has helped me to value what I have in my closet and get more milage from what I currently own. You are doing us all a service posting regularly.

Gorgeous outfit, as always, Lisa. I love the blouse on you and I also suspect that what others have said about the jacket "hiding" it may not be entirely true in real life -- your pose (in order to take the photo) artificially closed it more than it would be closed in motion, standing straight.

I am sorry Mr. L. is not on board with this. You are not alone; a lot of us have had to win our partners over on this one. But maybe there is hope for the future. I am wondering if there might be a way to explain it to him that will make him more understanding.

When I started taking WIW photos, Mr. Suz thought it was ridiculous. Then he got annoyed because I was always asking for a photo. Then he asked me in an irritated way what I was actually doing this for. (This was all over a period of a few months and he was taking my pictures.) I felt silly, and a bit awkward and ashamed. But I also felt annoyed with him because I knew this was actually good for me!

Eventually I got so tired of his attitude that I "hired" my daughter to take photos for me; I'd take her out for lunch or pay her a toonie if she did a few. Meanwhile, they both laughed their heads off at me, mostly in a nice way, but sometimes with a bit of an edge.

Finally, when I could see that DD was getting bored of the photo routine, I asked for a tripod for Christmas. Problem solved.

By then, though, Mr. Suz was totally on board. And even encouraging me to take pictures.

Why? Partly because he saw how my wardrobe was developing and taking shape and he liked that I was looking more fashionable.

Of course, before I came to YLF I literally lived in one pair of jeans and a pair of yoga pants and t-shirts and frumpy cardigans. I was afraid to spend any money on myself and rarely did so. Suddenly I had a better income, and was spending some of it on clothing -- so while Mr. Suz was a bit worried about the $$, I was earning those $$, so in fairness he couldn't say too much (though he did sometimes give me the side-eye.)

It's a bit different for you because you've always had great clothes and a fabulous sense of style.

But my story might be relevant anyway. Because the main reason Mr. Suz backed off on criticizing me was that he saw how much pleasure I got from interacting with the community here. When I told him about the community (vs. the clothes) he suddenly "got it."

This was something he could relate to. Not that he had ever experienced it, but he saw that this community was about personal growth and learning (rather than "vanity"); that it was about sharing an interest (rather than about "showing off"); that it was about getting help, and helping others; that it was about play.

I think it might have been seeing me participate in a few of the challenges or Angie ensembles that really got him to see that. He noticed that I wasn't necessarily buying stuff during or for the challenge; I was trying to come up with combinations from the existing closet and experimenting. I might not be comfortable in an outfit for a whole day (and might take it off right after the photo) but the experimentation was a way to play with style.

Seeing that helped him relax a bit about the $$ and take in how much happier I was with my clothes. So much less angst before events, or even before work...I wasn't always whining that I had nothing to wear; instead I was putting on my clothes and feeling more confident as I went out the door. And that was a huge relief to him over time.

That blouse is beautiful on you! I love the whole look best without the jacket, but I do the same thing sometimes -- take it along just in case, but then end up not needing all day long.

When I first discovered YLF and started taking photos of my outfits, I sorta kinda hid it from my husband. I felt a little vain and silly too. But eventually I told him a bit about it, and he appreciated that I was making efforts to look and feel my best. In fact, he gets mad if I take pics of myself and don't send them to him!

So I second what Suz said. If your husband can appreciate that it's a small thing that helps you look and feel your best, he gets to enjoy that end result of a happy, beautiful wife who takes pride in her appearance!

On a selfish level, I want to see you post pics because I enjoy WIWs pretty much the most of all kinds of posts here, and I admire your style.

The blouse is really pretty on you. Post all the WIWs you want.

I love the sassy vibe you're putting out wearing the outfit sans jacket. It is a cute jacket though, and I am sure you can do plenty with it to make it feel fun and like you...not boring!

Ok, so I have only posted photos a couple of times. Makes me feel like a bit of a stalker. I'm a stylist and I feel a little dumb if I'm not sure about an outfit and like a show off if I love the outfit. I doubt others see it that way, so perhaps you'll be the inspiration I and many others need.

bijou - "YLF (and in particular people's WIWs) has helped me to value what I have in my closet and get more milage from what I currently own." That makes a lot of sense - thank you for putting it this way . You are absolutely right.

marilyn - sorry for not answering your question about the GAP pants - I did see it..:) I don't see the pants I bought on their website. Odd, as they are brand new. I also have their moto ankle zip ponte leggings/pants, which are on the website. Bought them at the same time. The pair I have on (which have ankle zips, but on the inside of the leg, which is totally weird) fit big, and the moto pants fit small. There is zero size.consistency now with Gap stuff, don't you find?

Thanks, Lisa.
Yes, I'm finding the sizing to be weird at both Gap and BR which makes ordering anything online ridiculous. I used to know exactly what size I was in these brands but now it's a head scratcher. Women at BR are complaining about being sized out and I believe it ......I was a consistent PM in tops/sweaters, which was bang on going by my measurements, and now it's often PS and occasionally PXS....no rhyme or reason to it. At Gap I was a consistent 26 short for pants and now it's anything from 25 to 27. As much as I love clothes I hate shopping so taking an armload of sizes into the dressing room is not my idea of a good time.

First about the blouse - it looks fantastic on you! Great with the jeans. As an aside, I actually ordered and returned this blouse. I thought it would be a slam dunk but the color was a bit off and it just didn't look right. It looks perfect on you.

Since my husband is a (renowned in our circles) hobby chef and reads about food trends, chefs and so on we can often meet minds by analogy. He doesn't participate in a forum, but he gets it. Not sure what he would think otherwise.

I love this outfit on you. The color looks amazing on you.
When I first started posting photos my husband wasn't on board. Then he noticed the self-confidence changed and I wasn't saying "I have nothing to wear". I pulled things out of closet and found new ways to wear them.
He now occasionally asks if I want him to take a picture.
WIW pictures do help us view our wardrobes in a different way.

As someone who is fairly new to these forums and still finding her fashion feet, I'd just like to say that the outfit pics from you gals are simply inspiring. I'm so grateful for your confidence, your willingness to share and put yourselves out there, and most of all for the atmosphere of support and constructive criticism you all provide. Hopefully I'll get to the point where I'm comfortable enough to enter the fray with my own selfies, but until then a sincere thank you to all of you.

Lisa, YOU. LOOK. FAB! I think if your husband knew how much your generosity mattered, he would be taking your pics himself!