Lisa I like the entire outfit. The colors really are fab on you. The necklace, your eyes it all works so well. Did not notice your arms but I understand how you feel as I tell myself the same thing . The top doesn't look tent like in the least to me. I am 5'5" but am really small boned with narrow shoulders so I have problems in the worst way with loose tops looking tentish. The jacket fits beautifully , love it all !,

I think the tank tooks great. I love this style for summer - swingy and breezy but shows off your arms and shoulders. I think your arms look fine and the tank is very flattering on you.

Have you tried something like this for bra straps:

https://www.amazon.com/Maidenf.....8&qid

They pull your straps in but not as far as a racer back bra. Plus you can move it up and down to get the straps exactly where you want them. I don't have exactly this but I use something similar.

Love the colors and shape of that tank - looks great on you with the white jeans. And of course I can relate to the bra issues too - so many of my sleeveless tops seem to have a problem with a peekaboo bra in one spot or another. I tried as similar device that Sara linked to but it was uncomfortable for me (I've very picky about bra comfort). I *wish* I could handle a halter bra so I could wear halter style tops but it's just not going to happen.

The jacket with those shoes make it more polished, which is nice too, esp. for evening in AC. I really love how you always manage to do your makeup in a way that works with your outfit colors. I'm so bad at that but do take mental notes to try harder when I see your posts. I tend to wear the same somewhat nude on me lipcolor every day no matter what I'm wearing.

Oh wow, I love this on you. You look amazing in pink and I want that top! I don't think it looks like a tent, especially paired with skinnies. I am enjoying wearing this silhouette because even though my arms are not good at all, (I'm embracing them, ;)) I think it helps to mask some of my large hips/thighs. And it's comfy. Your arms look great BTW. But I totally understand about feeling large next to tiny people. I am on a committee with two of the tiniest ladies I've ever seen, both are short little toothpicks. I think size 00 is too big on them. I feel like a giant blob every meeting and I'm only just over 5'4" myself. Like you, when I need a boost I reach for heels, definitely helps.

If my bra straps show under tops I try fashion tape. If that doesn't work I wear my strapless bra.

Embracing the summer body means no arm bashings! Not a thing wrong with your arms. I adore the colors of the top and the fit but the necklace is singing super loudly to me. *Heart* It.

Like the color combination. You look likr you should be on top of the cake. WOW.

You know, I don't mind the glimpse of bra straps at the back of this tank, especially one that's pretty and matches your outfit colors. It's not like you're flashing some mangy, stretched-out, gray-tinged beige straps.

I think the outfit is perfect for the occasion, and I like the unusual color combination in that top. Pairing pink with olive and black makes it a lot more modern and wearable to my eye.

This is great! The black and white with a pop of colour is really beautiful on you.

I know what you mean about flowy tops. I'm finding I'm not as in to them as I was in the last year or two. But, they still totally work over a slim bottom. I'm not tossing mine quite yet. They still have a place.

Lisap-I think you look great--arms and all--take this from a certified arm fanatic that is (unfortunately!) embracing her less than fabulous arms! I've tried everything and they just get bigger--firmer yes but we are talking can't fit a button up shirt big! So I've just accepted it and am wearing sleeveless and trying to pretend it doesn't matter--and you know what: It really doesn't matter-:) Angie is right--embrace your summer body and enjoy wearing pretty things. This outfit definitely qualifies as a pretty thing! Go for it.

Lisa I found that blue top in TJMaxx, but then found a find for it at Nordstrom Rack. The original price would have been too steep for me too....Vince is a pricey brand...I paid a little less than the price on the NR web site. I don't know if Winners does this.....TJMAXX stores have a section called "the runway" which is higher end designer pieces. I always look there but this is the first time I've ever bought anything...they tend to be really small sizes or the items that did not sell well from a designer line.

For fabbers who shop in Boston, a new TJMaxx opened on Newbury Street a few months ago, supposedly one of the largest stores ever, and I heard that it had a very large "runway" department.

(I'm out of town working with a client hence my delayed comments on the forum).

Lisa, I love the way the pink bra straps become part of the top. That makes all the difference to me. This, I find alluring. Love the sharp shoulders too. The tight bottoms completely offset the tent-y top. Hair looks wonderful and another Killer look. You absolutely held your own with your friend. Much love to you.

Going back home today.

I agree with Jenn and Angie about the bra straps. It looks pretty, alluring, intentional. And you really do have an eye for color. So lovely on you!

So this is stunning on you. And the sharp shoulders somehow perfectly balance the tenty-ness of the top and reign it in. I have a Sandro leather jacket with big shoulders that hasn't looked right on me in a while, but you look so amazing in your Smythe jacket that you've inspired me to give it another try.

The colours on that top are absolutely gorg on you!

Lisa, this is dynamite. Absolutely 10 out of 10. I agree that the flowy top is perfect with the white skinnies, not tenty at all.

Would you care to share the name of the lipstick you're wearing? Gorgeous.

I love this outfit on you! I don't see tent, and I don't see thick arms (both of which I would see on me). That jacket is awesome. Love the colors in the top on you. I think I know what you mean about tops though -- I purged some overly tent-y summer tops from my closet over the last couple of years in favor of fits that are easy but not too voluminous. I'm feeling a bit thick these days and I'm a little sensitive to looking even bigger than I am.

Zibbets - it was CoverGirl Outlast in phantom pink topped with a little Bite gloss in Honey.

Well , I have to say I am pleasantly surprised for the love for this look. I'll have to wear it more often. I was ready to put the top into the donate pile, but I'm convinced otherwise....Thanks all!

I love a sharp jacket over a flowy top. You've done it to perfection here.

Happy belated birthday!

In the photo, it looks like your eyes match the green in your beautiful shirt. I hear you on flowy tops, too - there is a fine line between flowy and tent. This one looks flowy, though, and not tent-like. And I also had to chuckle at how you wore heels on purpose - I do things like that too!

Happy Birthday to you and your girlfriends!

Thanks, Lisa! Aren't you clever to top a pretty color with a gloss?

Z - it's a very dry lipstick (one of those long wear formulas). It needs the gloss

Lisa, the colours of this top -- on you -- are divine. I actually said one loud WOW when I clicked on the photos. These are the sort of colours that would wash me out completely, but you owe them. It's such a joy to see the person in the right-for-them colours.
I also love the sharpness that both your white jeans and that amazing black jacket add. 10/10!
And happy belated birthday lovely lady.