I did a drive-by  (buy a bunch of stuff to try on at home)  at Anthropolgie the other day and thought I would share some thoughts on some new pieces:  (see finds below) 

1. grey brushed fleece lounge top : super cute and nicely feminine , very comfortable and soft, and not clingy around the hips, and nice enough to wear out for a quick errand if one needed to .  Perfect coverage for wearing with leggings and also works with a baggier lounge pant. Step up from my usual 10  year old Roots sweatshirt  I wear around the house. Thanks viva   Note : this find doesn’t show the side ruffled detailing and makes the neckline look a lot lower than it is. Scroll across to see the second photo option .

2. nope - I returned it; I was taken by the style  and colour (I love a tunic-length dress with boots for work and have not had one this winter) , and although this is shown with pants, it is long enough to be worn as a dress with tights. But the fabric quality is not there , and even though it was only $138 Cdn, poor quality is not worth paying any amount for. Will pill and be limp and baggy within 10 minutes of leaving the house - I guarantee it.  Fit across upper arms was not right either - and I do not have a heavy bicep area. 

3.  great little top - wore it immediately under a blazer. Funny story though- I did NOT notice that it was unlined in the front until I tried it on and burst out laughing. It's fully lined in the back (knit) but completely open lace in front. So weird. I layered a nude stretch cami under and loved it. Great fit (accommodating yet not baggy) , great length (hip) and looks nice across the back if you want to wear it alone. Will be a 4 season piece for me- I bought the navy.  

4.  on the fence still. Bought it in a mid-grey (no find in this colour) and that's the issue. I need another grey sweater like the proverbial hole in the head, plus, I am trying to inject more fun and interest into my wardrobe, and again, grey doesn't do it. However......it is actually really nice on, a good weight, flattering (I think) and has a moderately flared sleeve. Not great under a coat obviously, but good for indoors and for well into spring. I may return it because of the colour though. This rose shade was not available here.

5. necklace - kind of annoyed it's on-sale in the US and not here, but I may look into that tomorrow.  I like to buy jewellery totally on impulse and trust my instinct . I find those pieces end up working the best.  This is substantial but not heavy, doesn't bang up and down against my body  and looks more expensive than it is. I paid $68 Cdn.  Really a cool statement piece.  

This post has 1 photo. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.