1/2. I got the garnet earrings, my birthstone, for my birthday. Then the burgundy cardigan arrived in the mail, and I thought it would work well with my new earrings, so I wore it even though it's not technically in this capsule. The outfit could have used a necklace or scarf, but I didn't want to compete with the earrings. Happiness factor with the burgundy cardi and earrings was high.

3. This is indirectly inspired by Angie's white jeans ensemble, which opened my eyes to how white brightens winter outfits. I recently bought this white tee shirt. I've had the white infinity scarf a couple years and never liked how it looked with my dark shirts. I tried it with my new white tee and voila! I am sure white is going to have much more of a role in my winter outfits going forward.

4. Work today included a choir rehearsal and a wedding rehearsal, so I wanted to look a bit dressier. The NAS Hinge scarf made another appearance, this time over a burgundy sweater. Skirt is my much-loved lace pencil skirt from Classiques Entier. It's the only item in my closet I wear year round. Fleece-lined tights provided adequate warmth. The outfit received compliments, including from the bride-to-be!

This post has 4 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.