I wore the first outfit for church on Sunday. The sweater felt a little frumpy with the skirt, and I wanted some waist definition, so I tried tucking the sweater. I didn't like that, so I ended up wearing the wide belt pictured. (Neither of my other black belts worked--one was too narrow; the other buckles below the waist.). Is the wide belt okay, or should I have just left the sweater untucked and unbelted?

I wore the second outfit to work today. Same ponte pant/grey boots combo as I wore last week, but this time with a Halogen spruce green cardigan. I debated if the outfit needed a scarf but decided to wear a necklace instead to celebrate that the temperature was in double digits instead of single. I'm scalped in these pictures--yikes!

So far, I've used 8 capsule items in the outfits I've posted on YLF. I've worn 4 other capsule pieces in two outfits I didn't post. If I included footwear and accessories in my 30, I'd be through most of my 30 pieces already!

I'm becoming aware of a lack of under layers such as long-sleeved tees. I could definitely use two or three of those, including one in a pattern such as a black and white stripe.

This post has 6 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.