Loving today's ensemble, and knew what to try . Kind of overestimated the drape on this jacket-ish piece but that's because I've worn it exactly once since buying it last winter and never look at it. Too "nothing" , in terms of style I thought, but I actually don't mind this today. These ensemble posts, when I can do them, are definitely encouraging me out of my rut of same-old outfits. Even if it's nothing striking, it's a good solid outfit . I'm off to the U of M Bookstore to do some work, and this is a good mix of "polished enough " plus comfortable enough to be moving books and stationery in , and walking around the campus. Sometimes I try to blend in with the students, but I need to get over myself and stop trying to be cool

ponte pants - Hue

marled long tank - BR - last summer

knit sweater with faux leather sleeves and gold trim - some chain store brand - bought in one of "those" moments

neckpiece - Jenny Bird

boots w gold hardware - Sam Edelman

scarf to act as coat - lol - Roots

lipstick - Lancome mauve pencil topped with Clinique new pink gloss stick thing (that comes in the same tube as Black Honey )

Thoughts on today's ensemble? And now I need to develop the lighter colour version of this because i really love the $1500 (taupe and grey )jacket in the post . This also pointed to a hole in my wardrobe - drapey t's for layering . Thank you Angie for another valuable Friday lesson!

This post has 5 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.