I decided to review my 2024 plans.

To date I haven't accomplished anything. Ha! I will make a huge confession: I mostly bought fabric and yarn this spring and summer. It's really hard to resist, even if I'm not currently knitting or sewing any of it. I'm sure my fellow Fab makers will relate to the struggle

Basics:

• no tights yet. I just haven't thought about it because it's not cool or cold yet. I'm gently entertaining the idea of also trying some leggings. I really hate seeing my bottom in leggings. But my goal is to pair them with longer sweaters during the day at home or even as a MOTG outfit.
  • no bras yet. I actually found a style I like a lot at Walmart, of all places. It's a minimizer style from Vanity Fair. I'm able to order the same brand from Amazon, so I need to do that soon. I think for lymph and breast health, a less "perky" bra is actually better. But I like having a good lifted bust line. I was surprised by how much better my overall body shape looked with the lift the new bras.
  • No skimmers yet. I've been using a pair of Spanx style girdle pants all summer and getting by. I may revisit this next summer, as summer is coming to a close.
  • No pants. I think this is when everyday leggings might be a really option for me. I need comfy and easy. I'm home all day. Lately I find myself in the ditch of despair, wearing only my sweats again. Knitting and buying some easy sweaters and pairing them with leggings is an easy choice. Is it probably dated by this point? Oh yes! Not on trend. But the current wide, cropped tops and wide leg pants trends aren't easy for my very curvy, voluptuous self and never have been.
  • No shoes. I tried 3-4 pairs recently from Journee. They were on sale and I was curious. I'll do a separate post on the brand. Quickly: they aren't worth the money imo. They felt kind of cheap. I've worn $1 clearance shoes from Walmart with utter devotion. But the Journee shoes didn't do it for me.

Makes: I'm not even listing them. Laugh with me. I had high aspirations for 2024. My summer knitting goals bombed. I started one of the projects but ended up ripping it out. I struggle to knit something not knowing what the next year will bring for my body and health. I've healed a lot, and yet still more to go. So I am not ready to commit nicer yarns and all the time not knowing how it will fit next year. Perhaps that's not a mindset of abundance? I'm still sorting out the very real honest tension between reality and abundance.

Having said that, I purchased some inexpensive fabrics to use as wearable muslins. SO... I must find a way to get myself into sewing.

For knitting, I think I am going to try a belted cardigan, and a lighter weight "top/blouse" type sweater for the fall. The belted cardigan will get a lot of wear and love, I already know that. The lighter sweater will be a nice option that feels like a pretty "top" but is warmer.

However, I NEED SHOES! I really do. I am currently eyeing a pair of booties (photo 2) and maybe a pair of animal print sneakers (photo 1). Both from Naturalizer. (Sneakers? ME?)

I am also considering a pair of wide width hiking shoes. I have a very nice pair of Asolo's from my dear husband purchased 5-6 years ago. However, they are not wide width. I wore them this summer and had a blister on my toe by the end of the short hike. My feet have changed and wide width is just easier. It's a bummer as the Asolo's are pricey. I can resell them though I dont' think I'll get much as the toe cap's rubber cracked some due to heat exposure. (Warming my toes by the fire wasn't a great idea.)

Anyone else feel their winning or failing their 2024 shopping and needs goals/lists??

Would love some commiseration ha!

This post has 2 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.