I have plans for 2024. Settle in...

One thing I’ve gotten clearer about, thanks mostly to my fellow Fabbers here interjecting wisdom, is my need for some basics. So thank you all. I'm listening (Name that show.)

Basics for 2024: 

- Tights, 2-4 pairs in assorted dark colors
Half slips, 1-3 in nude and a dark color (black likely, as that’s what is available)

- Pants in fluid tailored fits, preferably polyester for inner thigh wear; probably tapered fits, with some fitting through hips but eased thighs.
- Skimmer shorts, to wear under summer dresses for comfort
- Bras!!! Earlier this month I tried a 38G, based on Reddit and ABTF calculations. WHEW! PAINFUL! The band was still far too snug. It was so painful I don’t know how I survived 5 minutes. The bra would have left blisters or puncture wounds on my chest had I tried enduring even half a day. The cups were also a bit too big. So I still have much more try-ons to go to find a good size. That said: WOW! The lift and shape were great! I need new bras.

Replacements for what was lost in the environmental issue:

-Winter booties, perhaps velvet, as I miss those most.
- Comfortable flats, whatever that means; still figuring it out.
- Alpaca/bison sock liners (they're 3-4x warmer than wool) for cute, non insulated cold weather shoes. They may not exist though; tbd.
- Possibly a fancy/dressy winter coat. Waiting to see if something finds me.

Makes for 2024.

I always dream for a new year with some trepidation. Usually I’m surprised if I knit more than 1-3 things from a planned list. Inspiration has to strike. The item must sing to my heart to such a degree that my heart swells with each refrain and I must just soak in the beauty. Also, sometimes I get lost in all the shiny things. A plan and a list helps me surface to air.

One recent help I saw is this: Make a list of 20 goals. Choose the top 5 from that. THAT is your list for the year. Everything else is white noise and should be dumped or ignored as intrusions. That is far too masculine an energy to truly sit well for me. I prefer to be in the chaos, the messiness, the disorder of creativity.

What I find a list helps me do is percolate. Do I really love that? If I do, somehow, I’ll make it. It will slowly or suddenly bob to the top and remain there, never leaving my brain.

I actually really want to take up sewing this year. FOR REAL. I have put it off for the last 20 years. It feels scary. I can always rip out failed knitting projects and reuse the yarn. Cutting fabric is permanent. And there are a zillion fittings and adjustments one can make.

Not going to make all of these! Let's be honest! LOL! I will choose the ones that speak to me and leave the rest for another season and time.

Inspiration for Summer: Italy, Spain, Blood orange, olive, vintage, Top Gun.

- Photo 1 Ruffled, ruched asymmetrical skirt. 
Supposed to be easy sewing. We shall see!

- Photo 2 Peplum blouse.

- Photo 3 Bomber jacket dress.

- Photo 1 Off-shoulder vintage sweater.

- Photo 16 jumpsuit. Total wildcard! Will likely make this with the pegged/gathered leg variation, but kimono top.

Inspiration for Autumn/Winter: Military. Moto/biker jacket. Chiffon dresses. 1940s and 1970s. Layers of texture and detail.

- Photo 4 and 5 Military Jacket
. I'm not sure which one. The left one is far better shaped, almost tailored even. The one on the right feels more everyday wearable?

- Photo 6 and 7. Moto jacket. It's a chunky knit, which usually isn't my best sweater weight; I may have to figure out how to knit it in a lighter weight--or something.

- Photo 8 Belted cabled cardigan with patch pockets. I've been attracted to this design forever. I got a deep merlot yarn for it. The cables won't show as much. But I like the color and it will work a ton for everything.

- Photo 9 Cabled shawl collar vest. The vest that got the most votes on a post when I asked about vest. Likely will knit this in the same merlot yarn as the cabled cardigan.

- Photo 10 Wide v-neck sweater (LOVE the shape, worried about warmth in the winter; might get paired over a high neck chiffon blouse.) 

- Photo 11 Pencil skirt with belt tab details. Detail is not great on wide hips usually. But trying to decide if I care or not, as I love the detail and idea of it.

- Photo 12 Kimono jacket. Knit in a deep, warm forest green. An expensive knit, using birthday present yarn. I'm kind of delaying this to be sure of the sizing.

- Photo 13 Long cabled vest. Very 70s! I might also make this in a deep merlot yarn. I have 4200 yards of the stuff. This is not as high up on the list.

- Photo 14 1940s tea dress. I hope it's an easy sew hehe!

- Photo 15 Wide-leg pants/culottes. Supposed to be easy to sew and wear. Has good reviews. So I'm kind of eager to try. Hoping it looks like a nice maxi skirt on me. This might end up being a summer project.

Congratulations if you made it this far! WHEW I'm exhausted after typing it all haha!

₊˚⊹♡˚˖°.⊹ ࣪ ˖

This post has 16 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.