I'm feeling the need of some focus and organization. It's more mental and structural than in the actual wardrobe.

Goal-related goals for later:

• Style words: I overthink them!
  • Moniker: The Duchess Next Door; I've had for a while and I think it's fine but I can put some brainstorming on it

A couple weeks when trying to respond to Suz's "Duped by Dupes?" thread to illustrate how many duplicates I have, I got annoyed at the gaps in my Finds. So I started pulling pictures from ebay and Poshmark listings I've won and general searching for old stock photos. So far I’ve made dozens of custom finds. Eventually I'll need to start taking my own pictures, ugh.

While updating Finds, I blundered into the Collections tab. I tried to use it years ago, but capsules like "Shoes" and "Winter Wear" weren't very useful. However, in the last few years I've developed some particular outfit formulas. Now it makes sense to turn the meaningless “Short Outerwear” capsule into “Short Toppers – Jeans” and “Cropped Toppers – Skirts.” And suddenly I can see the holes in my outerwear collection, and why I have such trouble finding the right jacket to wear for given outfit and weather.

Now I'm at the point where I need to refine my outfit formulas to capture other significant capsules. I've also been identifying wardrobe holes. It's so easy to get distracted and shop ebay and Poshmark while I'm already there to save pictures!

My immediate goals:

• Catch up with existing wardrobe Finds
  • Sketch out my silhouette archetypes
  • Build capsules to go with each archetype
  • Focus on wardrobe holes thus identified

The last goal will help me rein in too much buying of duplicates. I like a plentiful closet but sometimes there are just too many options available for terrific prices on the secondhand market. It's hard to sort out what the best choice(s) is/are without firm goals.

Other goals:

• Find a “sweet spot” for hair length and continue to regrow volume loss
  • Make headway on my giant sewing list
  • Don’t shop for fabric unless I have a specific need (SO GUILTY)

Finds: My complete Prairie Underground long hoodie collection! At least with the best pictures I could find. The blues and pinks aren't as close as they look. I love these things. I've worn one for 3 days of the last 5.