Hello everybody! I thought I’d make a 2023 reflections post too. I started to say in LaPed’s thread:

I’m personally in a tug o’ war with myself re shopping. I don’t want to waste money and materials. On the other hand, it’s been a little too easy to buy nothing these days. I’ve been uninspired.

My life has become exceedingly casual. Formal dining is six-feet under. Everyone is so old in my family, Christmas dinner has become Christmas luncheon. I was never so happy as when the SF Ballet did an online season during covid because I can’t take the perfumes anymore going in person. I really love working in a bakery manufacturing plant and dread the idea of ever working in a corporate office setting ever again, but the best thing to work in a plant is in fact leggings. I’ve become more sensitive than ever to the economic and climate issues out there and to the fact that I’m old enough now myself that it’s time to start thinking about lightening the load of my material possessions. As in, I’m starting to loathe my queen-size bed and 96” sofa when it comes to cleaning. And my feet are super super athletic-shoes-only fussy now. Plus, if I’m not working, I’m out with the dog slogging through the cold mud.

Except I also love fashion. Here too though - I feel like I spent 2023 scrolling and scrolling for inspiration. I think basic *is* the trend and that’s… that’s not trendy! Lol! Not to be a downer, but I also don’t feel I see the quality or even design there in higher priced items much of the time.

Ok. That all said, I made my first fashion purchase of the year and am feeling perkier about it all. I have spent some money on these ski pants. Lol, not gonna ski in them. Gonna sit in an office that’s between two room-sized freezers and then head out for winter hikes. I skipped the matching short puffer because I don’t wear the short ones I have as is. Maybe I should get the fleece though.

If it proves not to be too stupid, maybe I’ll get some blue ones. Lol, trying to strike a blow for fashion. We’ll see if I regret it