I love the ski pants. And you can have fun with them. You can colour clash. You can pattern mix. You can wear them crazy sneakers. Or with a metallic puffy. Or an amazing fuzzy textured sweater. Or a supercool bag for you dog walks. I think there’s more to fashion than “dressing up”. You will figure it out, I’m sure

" I both miss it and cannot find it in myself to do it anymore" - never have I felt more seen in an oxymoron, lol! Dressing up sounds great in *theory* but ever since I calculated the proportion of time I spend doing very casual stuff in my day-to-day life (highly recommend Hannah Louise Poston's YouTube videos on this), it just isn't worth the time-effort ratio to me. I'm not looking forward to having to drive everywhere again (once I move back home), for the reasons you mentioned...

Lol isn't it funny how our upbringing shapes our sartorial preferences (including rebelling against it)!

Jaime said it perfectly. Wishing you a better 2024, and we're always here to help you figure it out!

Another who thinks your new ski pants are fab! You are the most stylish person sitting between two freezers, Rachy - and nice with the navy Winter accessories you recently bought too.

Loved reading your thoughts and adore the pants! Practical for your real life but also fun. Style them with a nod to Barbiecore perhaps?

The ski pants are fab! I hear you on the fashion doldrums but you are slaloming your way through. Can you wrap the orange apron skirt over them for a really over the top fun look?

@ Brooklyn - am taking all the ideas

@ Jules - Barbie pink is on my radar now indeed.

@ Sarah - that’s a genius idea re the orange mini.

@ Angie - I’m glad you think they’ll go with my new navy accessories!

@ Zaeobi - my early training is deeply embedded. I’ll always probably have a navy blazer in the closet ‘just in case.’