For 2021, I'd like to move more towards minimalism/simplicity so will have a few challenges. The first is use it up- aka "project pan." Basically using up the makeup/toiletry stash before buying more. Everyone knows the "new things" are much more exciting and the older ones sit unused.

The inspiration:
https://itsaimeerebecca.com/pr.....eup-hoard/

My main focus: hand lotions (have at least 4 in the house), eyeshadows (my "magpie makeup" from early this year). In my defense, the lotions are partially DHs fault, cause Trader Joes always has new ones...
So...I'm not buying new unless things are: expired or used up daily use things, or I have a skin reaction.

Historical context- aka, what Not to do. My grandparents came with basically nothing from Brazil, but they made up for it when they came here! One example was soaps. If they had a coupon, they'd buy more. As a kid, I would count them. There were probably 20 left when they passed.
My house (and bathrooms) are probably a third the size theirs were. Time to quit now!

Anyone want to join me?

ETA- here's a start...
3 of the lotions: lavendar (about a third left), pine, and unscented. The 4th is a little new ginger one that I bought for car, but DH liked and wanted for house too...This will be a yearly project. Also have about 2/3 of a big bottle of aloe vera too. That would be fine, except I bought a small bottle of pure aloe that I like more.
2 of the eyeshadows- just samples so should be able to finish them off in a month.

This post has 4 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.