I enjoy shopping and adding current fashions to my wardrobe. I also set a monthly budget and stick to it. However, so many of the thoughtful posts on YLF discussing the negative effects fashion has on the climate as well as social justice issues for workers has made me rethink my buying practices. The January SYC challenge was a great way to reset and I did not purchase anything all month. It was fun to think about how to be creative with the pieces I already own and love. The below photos are my first WIWs as well (New Years resolution was to be brave and add some pics to the forum)
All feedback is welcome.
1)A warm day in the Mid Atlantic region. Grey eyelet blouse, black crop flares, and snake skin flats . The belt is black with silver studs in a star pattern. (Shout out to Jess for belt ideas). I was very happy with this outfit. It feels like 100% me and was very comfortable.
2) Black turtle neck, olive slip dress and stompy/witchy boots. This outfit is OK but I think olive looked better on me when my hair was brown.
3/4)Another warm day. I loved wearing this outfit but probably not the most flattering. I love color and this bright red coat is one of my favorites.
5)Work meeting. I received lots of compliments on the pink sweater. I was never much of a pink wearer but it may be a better color for me now that my hair is grey. The snakeskin boots are my very favorite purchase of 2019.
6)This is a very meh outfit but it was a cold day and I was warm and cozy all day. I was inside most of the day and don't mind exposed ankles for short periods of time in the cold.
Thanks in advance for any advice/thoughts. I am not much of a selfie taker so please excuse picture quality

This post has 6 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.