For a few reasons - namely, that my wardrobe is in a really good place in 2020 and has been recently “edited” to reduce what I wasn’t wearing - barring an emergency, I’m planning to not buy any clothing items from now until Nordstrom Anniversary Sale in summer 2020 when I typically do a refresh.

(I know I will plan to buy bras at the sale because my favorite Elomi style is usually offered, and typically I evaluate what’s available and what I want to add at that point, plus autumn is such a dominant season for us in Seattle that the sale often offers new items that I can wear for much of the year. That being said... 2019 offerings were pretty disappointing for plus sizes, so I don’t know that I’ll add much this year.)

Going into the Shop Your Closet year, I’m showing my last “new” purchase and an ode to old favorites: Sejour leather jackets, gorgeously cut and made by Nordstrom’s discontinued plus size line (no, I’m not over it, because there’s no equivalent replacement.) Right at the end of the year I found a local third party seller who had a new, tags-on black Sejour moto jacket in my size for less than 30% of its original retail price. It’s a little wrinkled here as it was JUST out of the mail, but it’s in great shape.

My other Sejour leather moto jackets are here - soft, beautiful colors, cut well for my body even with my supershort high waist.

(I have another in grey that has a ripped shoulder - an accident on my part when I snagged it while walking by a sharp hook - that I really want to patch, but I’m waiting until I have a little supervision on color matching from the artists in my family before I break out the leather patch kit.)

Also deserving a mention: this Sejour skirt suit (photos circa 2013.) A lovely sales associate at my nearest Nordstrom store (which closed this year) helped me pick it out. She was amazing and ALWAYS remembered me and what I’d bought even though I only shopped there a couple times per year. I miss the folks in that small Encore department who made me feel like a special customer every time.

1-3: New-to-me black moto jacket
4-5 Olive green moto (2017)
6-8 Forest green moto (2015)
9-11 Burgundy (2016)
12-14 Black collarless peplum (2016)
15-18 Suit (2013)
19: Grey leather jacket that’s been ripped since shortly after I bought it (Nordstrom doesn’t do leather repairs.) (2017)

Around the same timeframe, 2014-2016, I also purchased some Kut from the Kloth “vegan leather”/pleather and suede jackets. The pleather is already starting to crack and peel on the 2015 & 2016 jackets, and I had to toss the 2014 one out as it was totally shredded. Same thing happened with Eloquii faux-leather culottes. They were well constructed, but faux-leather just does not hold up. I’ll stick with the real stuff from now on when possible.

This post has 19 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.