Since my Q1 update, I have added quite a few secondhand scores and just a couple of new items. I also did a clothes/stuff swap with some friends and unloaded more items than I came home with. I'm making a concerted effort to minimize my consumption of new stuff and trying to opt for secondhand whenever possible. My only exceptions have been:

• Swimwear. As I mentioned earlier, I have one swimsuit heading into retirement (it's going to live in the Nostalgia Box for a while, as it was a gift from an old friend and has been on some pretty epic trips). Full disclosure: I ended up with two new two-piece suits because I couldn't decide on a colour! One is a navy palm-print on clearance from last year (could only find an image of the tankini style, but mine is just a racerback bikini); the other is a new black/white/rust geometric.
  • The Alex Mill chinos I've been eying for months. Finally ordered them! They run a bit large; I kept the smallest size and they are loose on me, in a beachy/summery way. Perfect rise. I love the front seams. The olive colour is very warm and saturated, a nice change from all the dusty grey olives I have in my closet. I probably wouldn't wear this colour on top, but it's great on the bottom and pairs well with all my black/white/blue.
  • Footwear. I'm in the process of replacing my trail runners, and still need to find some new pool/shower slides. I tried the EVA Birk Arizonas but they are a terrible fit for me. Too long and narrow with the arch in totally the wrong place. I keep trying Birks and never seem to learn once and for all that they do not work for me! I also tried some classic Havaianas flip flops but the thong portion is way too tight for my feet. Better for low-volume. I'll keep looking. I could use some casual flat leather sandals too, because my old Merrell ones have stretched out to the point of being too loose.

My new-to-me acquisitions:

• A pair of vintage Patagonia Stand-up shorts. High rise, loose legs. A size too big, but they are strictly for chore/garden use. If I ever stumble across a pair in the next size down, I will grab them!
  • An American Giant classic hoodie. I've been wanting a more fitted hooded sweatshirt like I remember wearing in high school, back before the long/loose/oversized ones for pairing with skinnies took over. This one fits the bill perfectly. It is very substantial, hits at hip, and is pretty fitted overall. In heavy rotation for weekends and evenings.
  • Vintage Gap pleated chinos (similar but not identical to the ones below). Slouchy fit, need significant hemming, but very excited to wear them once I take care of that!
  • Striped turtleneck from Kule. I always struggle with finding tops to layer under my statement-y piped Brooks Brothers blazer (in Finds). This grey/white top is perfect! Had to have it. I don't like heather grey on its own, but the breton stripe adds interest.
  • Jersey midi dress from Able. Purchased at a sample sale, so not really secondhand, but super-discounted. The raspberry colour is much more vivid IRL and has completely satisfied my fuchsia/magenta hankering for S/S. Yay! Is a replacement for a black/white jersey midi dress that is pilling pretty badly after ~5 years.

That sounds like a lot, but to be fair two of them were free from the clothing swap!

This post has 7 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.