Some reflection on 2017 and my (working) list of goals for next year. I'm thinking I'll refer back to this as needed and edit the list of official goals if necessary. I'll add details to some of my goals (especially regarding shopping) as I do more planning when it gets closer to spring buying season.

Any advice pertaining to any of these goals, shout outs from anyone working on similar things, etc. are super welcome!

What I did well in 2017:

• Makeup--I got quality stuff that is a joy to work with. I limited my choices, and as a result, everything got used. I didn't feel guilty about going without because I didn't feel like I was being wasteful.
• ‎New purchases--I didn't buy a single item I regret. Everything has been used frequently enough to he be worthwhile in my book.
• I got better at maintaining a cohesive style, which combines androgynous, punk, and modern classic styles. I'm getting really comfortable with my overall look, though I want to tweak the balance to a bit more punk than it is right now.
• ‎ Although I think I need more improvement in bodily self care, one thing I accomplished that I'm EXTREMELY proud of is that I gave up sugary drinks.

What I want to improve on in 2018:

• "Finishing" outfits. Top, bottom, shoes isn't so terrible as long as the top is interesting enough on its own, but I really like wearing toppers (more so than jewelry) to complete a look.
• ‎ Bodily self care. This includes skincare, nutrition, and fitness. I was doing well at the beginning of the year, but as life got stressful, I killed a lot of good habits I'd started to form. I want to do better, because although I am generally very body positive, I DO know that I will feel better with less body fat and more muscle. I want to be stronger, and feeling strong will help me project confidence--which is an important part of looking good, whatever one's body type!

Best purchases this year:

• My rose embroidered faux leather jacket. I'm still in love.
• ‎My red hi-tops, which were a welcome change after my last pair of black Converse wore out.
• My denim vest, which got a lot of wear before it got too cold. I'm looking forward to breaking it out again in the spring, and hoping to duplicate it in other colors because it's light enough to wear on hot days.
• ‎My bold, black glasses, which were a welcome change after a few years with my red ones. I got those re-lensed and still wear them occasionally, but I've been defaulting to the new ones most of the time because they're new and exciting to me right now.

My official working list of style goals:

Build up my summer wardrobe in preparation for my month long trip to Spain. I need to nail it so I feel good about what I'm wearing and stay comfortable in the heat.
• ‎ Expand my neutrals horizons. I want more black things in different silhouettes and textures, as always, but I want to prioritize olive, gray, and white this year.
• ‎ Purchase more comfortable footwear--particularly smart casual sandals (spring/summer) loafers (spring or fall), and slip on sneakers (lower priority).
• ‎ Duplicate my beloved denim vest in more colors--this is an essential item for me now because it's the only topper I enjoy in the summer. I'd love to have denim vests in black, white, and gray, in addition to my medium blue wash one.
• ‎ Purchase more pairs of cropped pants to wear in the spring and summer. I especially want to find a pair of olive cropped pants with cargo pockets because I had and loved a pair of them when I was a teenager.
• ‎ Purchase ONE more casual dress. It must be at least knee length, have short sleeves, and be a neutral color. Otherwise I know very well it will be worn about twice and then be orphaned.
• ‎ Continue to play with combining androgynous, punk, and modern classic styles. This year has been all about those looks, and I want to continue on this path because it feels exactly right at this time in my personal style journey.
‎ Track what I buy and wear. I want data to play with this time next year because I'm finally, finally getting to a point where I'm comfortable with my spending and I'm almost never buying things that don't work out for me.
• ‎ Take more outfit photos to post on YLF and for my own benefit of remembering interesting combinations and thinking to repeat them.
* Get my entire wardrobe into YLF Finds.
‎NOT buy clothing that can't be worn in the summer until after I'm back from my trip, unless I'm replacing a wardrobe essential.
NOT buy makeup unless it's replacing something that's been used up.
‎NOT buy any more toppers for cold weather, unless my trenchcoat HEWI falls from the sky and into my lap.
‎Improve my skincare habits. I started a good routine but recently I've fallen out of it due to laziness. I want to remember to apply SPF lotion every morning, at a minimum.

And a couple maybes:

• Purchase a tweed jacket for spring, but only if I can find a great deal and only after I've met more pressing shopping goals.
• ‎ Purchase a pair of hiking boots, but only if I get into good enough shape to warrant getting them by around May or June.
• ‎Get a tattoo, which has been a desired goal for the last couple of years but hasn't panned out. It's a maybe because it seems extremely indulgent to me when I still have wardrobe holes to fill.