Ooh, I love talking about tattoos. My oldest ink is about to turn eight years old -- which is remarkable to me. It's been a few years since I've gotten one, and I've been daydreaming recently too. I have a list a mile long, but the next one will most likely involve a classic children's book reference -- either Finn Family Moomintroll or The Dragons of Blueland.

I think the trick to not regretting tattoos is to find an artist whose style you really like, and whom you trust, and not worry too too much about the content/image. If the tattoo is meant to mark a specific moment/rite of passage, you'll always remember the moment even if the tattoo isn't a literal or even metaphoric representation of that moment. Oh, and clean simple lines age better IMHO.

Rachy, you're going to have to think orthogonally if you want a baker's tattoo. Bakers are so covered in tattoos you'll have to poke fun at that through yours. Maybe a big old stand mixer on your bicep? I'm more of a classicist -- I'd probably go with a vintage-looking sheaf of wheat, like you'd find on an old French floursack. (In fact, I may steal that idea for myself someday...)

Stylefan: I don't really like to wear much makeup either, but have you seen the eye palettes by Tarte? They are gorgeous~ And sure makes me want to wear a little eyeshadow~ I think investing in a good skincare regimen should be an important goal for all of us in 2018! I invested in Chanel skincare and Shiseido this year, and plan on replenishing each product when I run out, as I adore these lines, and love their beautiful packaging too. I particularly love Chanel toners, and the Benefiance Wrinkle Resist line by Shiseido. Creamy great smelling cleansing foam, and their cream is probably my favorite, out of 100 I've tried throughout the years. it's called Bio-Performance, Advanced Super Revitalizing Cream, if anyone's interested.
Kaelyn: Around February, TJMaxx will start getting in reasonably
priced linen items, perfect for your trip to Spain. Make sure you read some Hemingway before you go~"The Movable Feast", in particular.
Le Pedestrienne: My father told me, a tattoo of a beautiful long stemmed rose will be a hanging garden when you're old....hahaha

La Pedestrienne--I like simple tattoos the best, too. They suit my aesthetic. I also like the IDEA of a watercolor tattoo but I worry it'll end up looking dated because it's so trendy right now, so it's not gonna happen. What I have planned right now is the words in my handwriting and a simple drawing my the artist. I'm probably going to go to the guy who did my best friend's bouquet of wildflowers, which she had me design for her and he kept the general look but tweaked it and it came out beautifully!

Violettt--I'll definitely check them out come spring. We have a lot of stores like that around here and I always forget to stop by until I'm between shopping phases (like I am right now). Also, I love A Moveable Feast. I read it for a summer reading assignment when I was in high school and still have my copy because it was really meaningful and moving to me.

I have fun with lipstick too...it seems like there are so many fun colors out there now. I bought myself a purple liquid lip for Christmas. You are strong to exercise self-control in not buying any more lipstick...I have probably about 15 (or more?) lipsticks now and wear them only once or twice a week. I would do well to follow your example!