I, too, am looking forward to seeing where your new goals take you, Sally. I love your inspiration pictures, too: simple elegance, clean lines plus a little drama from bold colour. It sounds good to me.

Oh I see your comment about white pants not being appropriate for your lifestyle. I forgot about that :-). Yes, I agree with others on bold colour blocking.

Thanks Sally- two Sally's from NZ is funny as I don't come across many people with my name!! I consider I do need to be more groomed now and am endeavoring to make more effort.

Thanks Smittie, that is a great idea. I have bought some white crop skinnies and will share some pics once I have worn them in a few different ways. I can wear white pants on many days but I would feel silly in Amal's outfit watching my son play rugby!! I agree with your ideas - I have been wanting a winter white knit sweater for a while, and also a bold striped sweater. I mostly just paint my toe nails...but am experimenting with finger nails this summer.

Thanks for your support Elizabeth, BettyCrocker, Cerinda and Angie!!

Aida - I do agree. I am okay with black looks but they can look drab on me if I am not careful. I don't like optic white near my face but do enjoy winter white and ivory. Both Joy and yourself have shown some great light winter looks that I will refer to.

BethAnn- thank you! I have been trying to increase blue, and I can wear warmer butter type yellows - even mustard. I don't suit lemon yellow. And yellow and grey is a great combination....

Thanks LisaP - I agree, I am part way there. I need to keep it up and just have consistency. And I think I can still be elegant in jeans and sneakers, or flat boots....It is just keeping this in mind when buying so I don't veer too off track.

I love those looks too Bijou (show us a WIW in winter) and there are not many winter days here that a dress, coat, tights and boots are not warm enough. And I am okay about buying pieces with longevity, that is my goal for 90% of my closet.

LOL Rachy and Helen - I knew what you meant!

Thanks Deborah, I am pleased that you see me that way. I have to be honest and say that there are outfits I wear that I would not post to YLF - not many - but I want to keep adding pieces that are consistent with elegance. There are some pieces in your closet that I would happily steal however I doubt they would fit me!!

Thanks Summer - that is it exactly!!

Simple elegance, clean lines plus a little drama from bold colour.

Thank you all. I have a pinterest board but I am going to refine it to this direction.