This post has been a real lesson in proportion and how to provide a lengthened look. Of course you wear this look well because you have long, slim legs, but it has made me firmly decide that as a pear, cropped flares have no place in my wardrobe. I adore your pearl ring, what a great piece to receive for Christmas 2015. You always look so polished as your hair, make up and accessories are impeccable.

Interesting. I went back and looked some more at the pic. I still feel like there's some lens trickery going on, but what Angie says is true about them just being sort of wide all the way down. The flare doesn't come through as much as one might feel it should...

I agree with all that it is likely the angle and If the tops were not both the same length, something might change for the better. But I do like the overall concept and trying to figure it out too. I haven't tried a 2nd layered top with my look yet. I'm still experimenting with "the right" one layer on top. It seems the high low look works with the front tucking to create it. Maybe tucking in the stripe top so the jacket hangs lower? I haven't tried the Anthro Jean. I bought the BR one just this month and it is fitted at the knee.

Love your hair, love the pearls, love the leather with the stripes!!

(Psssst.....semi-tuck, semi-tuck, semi-tuck, semi-tuck).

You knew I had to say that, right? But okay, okay. Get the straight legs or shorter skinnies instead. I have to admit they are easier for me to wear. Even the BR version (which looks like a flare in their stock photo) is really more of a slim straight with fraying at the ends.

Well, I can tell your legs are not the same shape as your jeans!!! I do think this look in general can be a bit thigh enhancing, even on quite slim people. I believe tapering tighter to the knee would only emphasize that on *my* figure, because I already have proportionately large thighs vs. skinny knees. (For example tube skirts have always been very difficult, actually impossible, don't think I've ever owned them even when they became the uniform of my 10th grade class in 1990). This proportion issue is definitely one of the reasons I'm not too excited about this look for me. However, you don't have that issue so I digress!
I love your version of the ensemble, better than the inspiration! It has more integrity somehow, I think there bubble pearls really work.

Suz - I tagged your comment as comedy because - well, you know why . (plus it's easy for you to say being the size your are) I DO NOT SEMI TUCK . Never have , never will. I look like Urkle or whatever his name is, when I tuck things in . I do not have a flat stomach, in fact I feel I look 4 or 5 months pregnant half the time and am not interested in highlighting it. I especially don't have a flat stomach, even when I'm not bloated and menopausal, in jeans! Added bulk with fly, button, etc - yuck. I am also short waisted and just cannot get away with a tucked in t-shirt . Again with Urkel or whatever his name is. But yes, I am far better off in cropped straights and have a a few pair of those. Just thought I'd try these again because it's such a hot-topic here on YLF. I hate them and am throwing them out:) I have yet to see more than two people wear them successfully flatteringly. Anyone want a pair of Pilcro Cropped Flares in a 28? Worn , oh, about 4 times.

I've been off the forum for a few days, but I loved seeing your version of Angie's ensemble. The contrast between black jacket, spiky blond hair and pearls if terrific. It should be a signature look for you.

As for the crops --- I think you're wearing them well, but, like you, I'm very sensitive to silhouettes that aren't optimally flattering. I think it would look every bit as current with a straighter and slimmer cropped leg.

I think you look so amazing in this outfit! I'm sorry that the cropped flares aren't working out, but I'm glad that you have some cropped straights that you can substitute, because this is really a gorgeous outfit and should be repeated. And I love the fuschia lips.