I meant to participate on the Favorite Outfits of 2012 thread because I had SUCH a fun time looking at everyone's favorite outfits - and I probably will still post a link on that thread.

Unfortunately, the end of 2012 and the beginning of 2013 have hit pretty hard. B. and I have both been alternatively ill for the last several weeks, and with many family events and the work year starting off INCREDIBLY busy, I've been really pressed for time. I'm resolving to breathe and to drink water or tea more often during my work day, because this habit of sitting down at 6:30 AM and then suddenly realizing it's 1 or 2 PM and I've barely even moved from my desk, let alone had anything to eat or drink since the night before, is WRECKING me mentally and physically, especially since I'm now spending significantly more time behind the wheel in my commute than I did a year ago.

Anyway, I intended to post an end-of-2012 recap, and I really need some inspiration, so I delved through my outfit snapshots from the previous year. I tried to spread them out chronologically over time, and choose outfits featuring pieces that I repeatedly found myself using in outfit after outfit, such as that cobalt purse or my orange and leopard print pumps. And most of all, these are outfits where I specifically LOVED wearing them. I was comfortable, I felt confident, and I particularly felt like these outfits epitomized what I wanted my personal style to be at that point in time. I would also wear all of these outfits today.

Just for comparison's sake, here is a brief roundup of favorite outfits and some thoughts about where my style evolution was heading at the end of 2011. It's interesting to see how some of my preferences shifted in 2012 - I moved away from wearing pants for the most part, and REALLY embraced warm colors (see my bright and bold inspiration post mid-way through the year) and started to incorporate animal print in my daily wear MUCH more than I ever would have anticipated. And while I still love my figure-hugging and wrap dresses, I was proud of myself for branching out into a few new shapes, such as the waist-surrendering Vince Camuto blouse.

All in all, I'm very happy with the direction my style went in 2012. I'm still musing about the current state of my style evolution but can't quite articulate any specific goals yet; for now, it's enough simply to look backwards and smile.

This post has 12 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.