I'm a big believer in Christmastide. You know, the whole 9 yards, or, more correctly, 12 days, with Epiphany (I know the wiseman didn't really show up for a year, but let's not be picky) at the end. These last days of Christmas are the best. The rehearsals and performances are over, the baking and shopping are done. So what's left? Sipping tea, making healthy soups and salads and sitting by the Christmas tree with the family watching the Christmas movies (and Doctor Who specials) I never have time for earlier.

Yesterday, on the twelfth day, this is what I wore so resume homeschooling. Shhh. Don't say, "What! You made your kids start school when it was still Christmas?" We start school when the school bus drives past our house --- gotta keep it real. Fortunately, I don't start back at Uni for two more weeks!

It's been very cold, and I had two private voice lessons to teach from home later in the day, so my outfit needed to be warm and above loungewear grade. I bought this Tildon cardi last month, crushing on its color and more modern shape. In an effort to lighten up a bit, I've added a marled Apt 9 drapey tee (dolman sleeves) from Kohls, old black skinnies (I think the flash shows they're just starting to fade) and black booties (worn indoors -- snow boots outdoors).

Yep, it's simple. Boring even. But hey, it was a relaxed Christmas (12) day. I even got to hear what sounded like twelve drummers (but was only one), as my DS practiced on his new drum set upstairs.

P.S. Added a pup shot for the dog lovers, and a bonus pic of my Christmas drummer boy!

This post has 3 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.