- From cocoa butter bronde to strawberry soda, here are 12 hair colours that are trending this Fall.
- Have a look at H&M’s newest designer collaboration with Rabanne.
- Gwyneth Paltrow just launched good.clean.goop, a more affordable skincare brand with all products under $40, at Target.
- As of October 17, the European Commission’s microplastics restriction went into effect, essentially banning the sale of microplastics in consumer products, including those used in cosmetics and detergents.
- Huffpost reports that perms are making a comeback.
- Kenzo and Levi’s have teamed up to create a 20-piece limited-edition capsule collection, featuring both men’s and women’s styles using Kaihara premium Japanese denim.
- Meanwhile, Prada is partnering with commercial space company Axiom Space to design NASA’s lunar spacesuits for the Artemis III mission in 2025.
- Furry footwear is Fall’s biggest “ugly” shoe trend according to Refinery29.
- A new Amazon TV series will tell Emily Weiss’s Glossier story, based on Marisa Meltzer’s bestselling book “Glossy“.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that the first Mackintosh rainproof overcoat was sold in October 1823 in Glasgow? “Charles Macintosh, a Scottish chemist, had patented the novel material, described as ‘india rubber cloth’ four months earlier. Previously waterproof clothing had been made of heavy oiled cotton with a characteristic unpleasant smell; the new coat was lighter, odourless, and completely waterproof. Macintosh’s secret was to use naphtha to soften the rubber before sandwiching it between two layers of fabric. This meant that even when the rubber became sticky with heat it did not affect the wearer.”