Here’s a collection of thought-provoking style-related stories that are worth a look. Enjoy!
- Is fashion running out of ideas? asks Liz Gruber at The Kit.
- “‘Those bastard developments’ – Why the inventor of the shopping mall denounced his dream.“
- “More Curves, More Work.” The Huffpost investigates why the fashion industry is failing women with big breasts.
- “Rayon unravelled: fashion’s most confusing fibre has a dark past but hopeful future.“
- “Why Hair Salons Are Crucial for Residents of Senior Living Communities”: New research shows this often-overlooked amenity may be a key to mental health care.
- Talia Ergas at The Huffpost was shocked how often she felt judged for choosing her own engagement ring.
- In her book Regenerative Fashion, former CEO of Fair Trade brand People Tree Safia Minney makes the case for regenerative systems that leave some of the supply chain’s most horrific attributes behind.
- Fashionista looks into why fabrics and textiles carry so much weight when it comes to sustainability.
- How to quit fast fashion: four people who’ve forsworn fast fashion share their anti-shopping habits.
- “‘I found a few vintage coats which I grabbed, and ran’: Inside the weird world of estate sales.”
We”ll be back in the new year with more Link Love posts. In the meantime, I want to wish you lovely holidays with lots of happy moments.